Monday, February 1, 2010

Pee-capades

Yes, it's time for another edition of the Pee-capades. Last night Ellie was stirring (as usual) in her sleep and so I called to her (as usual) to get up and go potty, honey. In her stupor, she obeyed me. Only she didn't make it to the bathroom. I heard her dancing around in her room and asked Mr. O to run and help her.

Turns out she'd thought the wicker chair in her room was the toilet. I suppose wicker and porcelain feel the same when you're sleep-peeing. She made an awesome abstract design on the carpet (just think what she might do if she were conscious!). I heard Mr. O say, "Noooo!" and ran in to help. I busted up laughing, and Mr. O says, "I'm glad you're laughing," (he knows the other choice is a steam-pouring-from-the-ears conniption, because Oh! My! Word! The Carpet!!! Not the carpet!) Anyway, I'm grateful for the presence of mind to enjoy the humor in a Pee-casso on the carpet.

Good thing I have a great playlist to get me through the aftermath. Also, my dance moves are still pretty awesome. (all but one (of the videos, not my dance moves) are kid-friendly)

Ringa Ringa - who knew Bollywood was so good for your fitness?


All The Pretty Girls by fun


Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite - hat-tip to the 80s

American Music by the Violent Femmes (in spite of the high-waisted dockers, he's not bad to look at)

Imma Be (short, but not so kid-friendly audio, awesome dance moves)

12 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

...and I thought I was having fun when my granddaughter peed right in front of the toilet the other day. And how can such a tiny thing hold that much fluid?

Kimberly said...

That soung by Deelite takes me to one of my happy places. Love love love!

Rachel-baby said...

Hey, you could read Q and A, the book Slumdog was based on :)

Mrs. Organic said...

Loralee - my thoughts exactly

Kimberly - what's not to love about disco/funk?

Rachel - Great idea!

Heffalump said...

One of my sons was afraid of the dark when he was younger, so when he woke up to pee at night he would go into the bedroom next door (no one slept there at the time) and pee in the corner. It took us a while to figure out what was going on...not very fun.

Anonymous said...

I am also glad you laughed we could all use a little more of that in our life. It is a good thing she is so dang cute. That music selection was really fun any other good ones? loves Kel

Mrs. Organic said...

Anon #1 is exactly how I sound when I speak French.

Mrs. Organic said...

Heff - Yikes!

Kel - anything on my playlist at Ty's Triumph is upbeat.

Emma J said...

Gratefulness to you for this genial brief - or briefless as the case may be. And is there a book Slumdog is based on? Must find.

Mrs. Organic said...

Emma J - Q & A.

Emma J said...

Am I sending you Little Lady Agency? (I mean, do you want me to? - you may have already said and I am just slow on the uptake.)

Mrs. Organic said...

Emma J - Yes, please send it. Thank you!