Sunday, October 18, 2009

Progress Report

I can't guarantee this will be up for long, but I wanted to share my progress. Over the last year, I've steadily chipped away at the extra weight I'm carrying. It's only because my youngest is in preschool and Ty is healthy that I've been able to concentrate more on my health.

I have no thyroid and my body does not absorb the chemical replacement I take the way it should. So it's been quite the uphill battle. I started with P90X, added Clean Eating and running this summer, as well as switched over to a different weightlifting program. I've decided to try something a bit more drastic for those last stubborn pounds. If it works, I'll tell you all about it. Anyways, here I am with 20 pounds to go.

I think I can do it by Christmas. I think I can, I think I can.

You can read more about my fat-ditchin' days here, here, and here.
And for some tips on travelling while {ahem} dieting, here.

16 comments:

Jendeis said...

You look fantastic! Great job!

Kristina P. said...

You look amazing!

Heffalump said...

You look great! I'm not sure you need to lose 20 more pounds!

Emma J said...

You look great. What's the P90X and Clean Eating?

Whatever it is you are looking young and lean and very lovely!

Kalli Ko said...

woo woo sexy mama!! You look great!

Karen C. said...

I know you can, I know you can... I have never met anyone so resolutley STRONG and talented in SO many areas. You look absolutely gorgeous! You GO girl!

Mrs. Organic said...

Thanks, all! Emma J - follow those links and you'll see a good description on Clean Eating (although I suspect it's very similar to how you already eat).

P90x is a dvd workout from an infomercial and while you might laugh, I've never done a harder workout than the Power Yoga. In fact it burns as many calories as running for 60 minutes. Give it a try.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

You are looking GOOD!!

kado! said...

Wow! I think you look absolutly beautiful...exactly like that!

...I've been eating Vegan for the past few months...and I've dropped almost 15 lbs...and feel great...not sure what clean-eating is...but I'd recomend Vegan if you want to try something else!

Anonymous said...

Hot Mama!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Good job! You look great!
:~D

andrea said...

Fantastic! I should do something like exercise...I need some toning. I'm such a slug. ;)

Where'd you go? Haven't seen you tweet lately.

Shawn said...

Oh my gosh----you are gorgeous!!

And I didn't realize that you guys were in Utah----or did I? I am a bit brain dead these days, so I blame it on that!

So----come and join us! Tues. night at the Chili's in Amer.Fork----eight sharp! E-mail me for questions, my dear!

swaneesinger(at)gmail(dot)com

Tebbs Family said...

You look amazing I'm impressed with your will power and determination. (I think if I just eliminated sugar from my diet for 1 WEEK I'd lose 5 pounds.) Guess I'm just not ready to do that yet... We need to get Doug and Suzanne and go to dinner sometime. I'm sure Suzanne will suggest In n' Out (ha ha) but that probably doesn't go along with your eating standards right now so you better choose!

Anonymous said...

Hey what happened to your side bar with good read or ideas? I need those back I used them all the time. Like the cottage house and some cooking one. let me know. thanks KEl

JENNIFRO said...

Phenomenal!! You look wonderful!