Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good News

Ty's tumor has significantly decreased in size as compared to his last scan. Wahoo!

He is retaining a fair amount of fluid in his stomach and abdomen so we are scheduling an ultrasound to rule out any blood clots. Also, I found out that he has to have an Echocardiogram every year for the rest of his life due to the chemo treatment he received (which can cause heart damage at any point). Anyway, it's nice to have some great news.

Also, water pill update: 10 lb fluid loss. Who knew?

9 comments:

compulsive writer said...

This makes me so very happy!

tiburon said...

It was soooo fun to meet you last night. For reals.

Make sure to find me on Facebook too :)

And 10 pounds is CRAZY!

Kalli Ko said...

yay Ty!! and who knew about water pills??!!

Jendeis said...

Wonderful news!

Omgirl said...

It was fun to meet you. I wish we had been right next to each other so we could have talked more. I also wish I would have realized which blog was yours. I remembered your catchy user name "Mrs. Organic" but couldn't place your blog. Now I remember. Dang! I had so many questions to ask you after reading about your crazy radiation experience and about your son and stuff. Well, next time. Make sure we sit together!

Anonymous said...

Sweet all around.

The Family G said...

Yea for good news! I can't believe you took down that totally hot picture in the blue shirt. You should put it back up!

kado! said...

that is great news!

Kimberly said...

I just applauded - even though there was no one to see or hear! Yay!