Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The DC Scoop


Riding the DC Metro - much cleaner than the NY Subway!
A stop at the Smithsonian Castle
Even the cafeteria is gorgeous at the Smithsonian The only pic I snapped at the Jim Henson exhibit - I figured it was okay since it was the girls' original artwork
I snapped the fountain at the Hirshhorn Museum
And then it exploded 5 seconds later
The kids in the mosaic mirror at the Hirshhorn
The Washington Monument
The dome inside the National Gallery of Art
ON
OFF
The only piece of sculpture you can sit on
Remember these? In case you don't, it's a typewriter eraser not a modern interpretation of the banjo
The Hope Diamond (which I could not snap a decent picture of no matter how many I took). I'm pretty sure the Gem Gallery was the kids' favorite exhibit at the Museum of Natural History Another Monument shot - my daughter kept asking when we were going to start shopping - you know, at The Mall?

Later, my sister's family joined up with us to visit the White House and Lincoln Memorial
The front of the White House


The Executive Office Building, isn't it amazing?
Finally, a very out of focus picture of the Lincoln Memorial - I was in a hurry because my sis was talking her way out a very expensive ticket during "Strict Enforcement Week" in DC. I tell you the girl has a gift!

Visit Lara's blog to see what everyone is Talking About

13 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW! You guys had an amazing trip. How fun to take your kids to all these fun sights. I hope you enjoyed Wicked, I promise it is way better to be to close than super far away!

Rachel said...

P.S I LOVE the bangs~

Richelle said...

Those are some great pictures! Fun!

Heffalump said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I would be exhausted after all that!

Mrs. Organic said...

Rachel - Thanks! I loved Wicked.

Heff- But it was a fun kind of exhausting.

The Happy Housewife said...

Hey, you were in my backyard! You should have waved hello! I can't wait to go back soon, maybe when it is a bit cooler.
Toni

PinkDaisyGirl said...

We went almost this exact same time last year, and there is still stuff we didn't get to do. Looks like you had a great time, and your Hope Diamond picture looks good to me. The way it rotates you have to time it just right anyway. When I was a teenager they had it in a stationary exhibit.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Wow, it has been eons since I've been to DC--it is great to see your pictures. Love that mosaic mirror, very neat!

~ Sarah

The Lazy Organizer said...

My brother just moved there last week! You didn't run into him while you were there did you??

It looks like fun. That mosaic mirror is amazing!!

Mom2my9 said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! The kid's mosiac is AMAZING! I want to go!

Claudious said...

Those pictures are so increadible, I haven't been to DC in years, and I am sure it'll be many years more till I try that again. It looks like you had a blast, thank you so much for that.

jill said...

Great pictures! You look great in the picture in front of the White House!

JENNIFRO said...

WOW GIRL!! You do NOT mess around! You saw tons of stuff. I'm so glad you got great weather the whole time! It was really wonderful to see you and meet your kids. You all are a darling bunch!