Monday, January 21, 2013

Countdown

Yes, the tree is still up and somehow the lights (different sections each day) keep going out. Maybe today is the day it comes down. The laundry is mostly caught up, groceries are next as well as some deep cleaning. I might even cover my greys.

On Friday I met with the nurse,and she gave me my pre-surgical instructions and special scrubbies. For two minutes, the night before surgery, I clean a radiating bullseye pattern out from the incision site, eventually covering the right side of my upper half. I repeat the procedure again the next morning. Funny thing, I'm allergic to the cleanser. I suppose I prefer a rash to a potential infection.

I spent the weekend sewing with a little knitting thrown in for good measure. Just a few more days and my neck will be fused. By summer I should be back to the me I used to be before all this pain.

Here's to hope.