Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stormy

The garden is in, and the tomatoes are hanging on despite being buffeted by gale-force winds last night. As soon as I get them strung up, I'll include a picture.
The baby robins had their flight lesson on Sunday. This one got stuck in the equipment fence yard. His mama still came and fed him worms until she coaxed him out of there. I can't believe how fat they all were, how in the world did all three of them fit in that tiny little nest?
Spielberg shot this storm cloud in our back yard. It looks like the makings of a funnel cloud, doesn't it?
Recently, I've been stupid. It's something I'm rather good at, unfortunately. I don't know how I manage to get myself in the jams I do, except that maybe it's good intentions coupled with a big-ish heart. Thank heavens tomorrow is always a new day and another chance to be better, to do better.

I'm thinking of abandoning my 40 for 40 list. A lot of it doesn't interest me anymore. I think I care about maybe 10 of the things on there. It bugs me that I can't stay focused for more than 5 months, but this is how life is. Some things seem important at the time, but when it comes down to it they really aren't. My family is what's important to me, and as long as we're growing and enjoying each other that is all that really matters.

I used to live and die by The List. Not so much anymore. Who the hell cares about turning 40 anyway?

I'm not really cranky, I could just do with a little more freakin' sun already.

P.S. My foot appears to be healing nicely. I even get to try running on it tomorrow. Funny thing, biking hurts worse than running on it does. It's actually a fracture on my cuboid bone and it usually takes an MRI to diagnose it, so if I run and have no new pain I should be good to go. Otherwise, it's MRI time.

Any fun plans for the weekend? I get to see some friends. Yay!

14 comments:

Heffalump said...

That cloud is creepy!
I say ditch the list and do what gives you joy!

Kristina P. said...

I remember thinking I like spring, and then I realized that spring in Utah is crappy.

M-Cat said...

When I first opened this up, I thought that was going to be a picture of somewhere in MO.

They are freaky clouds!

Hating Spring. And you're only turning 40? so young.....and yeah forget the list if it doesn't interest you anymore.

Emily said...

We all need some freaking sun already! Glad the foot is healing well. Here's to a good run tomorrow!

Tebbs Family said...

He is becoming a great photographer!!! We're heading to St. George. If you come south, you're welcome to join us. Hopefully 85 on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

radioactive girl said...

I don't think you are good at being stupid but I do think you have a big heart. I think, unfortunately, when you have a big heart, you take on more responsibility than you should and then sometimes feel stupid about things that are not at all your fault. That happens to me all the time!

I hope your foot feels better soon so you don't need the MRI!

La Yen said...

He is seriously talented!

And I say that you do 40 things that you feel like doing. And if 39 of those things are "sleeping in" then good for you.

Millie said...

Unless you listed "Keep following this list even after you lose interest in it" on the list, you shouldn't do it.

The cloud looks like an alien, about to suck your house into space.

Glad your foot is feeling better. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

I think I will come up with about 10 fun things I REALLY want to do and leave it at that. It's not about pressuring myself to accomplish some major goals or else I'm a flop at forty. It's about enjoying it.

Mrs. Organic said...

PS - the foot feels awesome. I ran five miles on it Friday and then doctored it with some more Chinese medicine. I've rested it the past two days and will try again tomorrow.

Up in Bubbles said...

Glad your foot is doing better.

Those clouds do like like they were going to funnel, SCARY, I feel like I always have tornado dreams where I can't get away.

Omgirl said...

That cloud gives me the heebie jeebies! It reminds me so much of the tornado weather we had in Detroit all spring. I still have nightmares about that tornado siren!!

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

I love the stormy sky picture! I hate that it isn't summer, but the thunderstorms are awesome.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Sorry about the foot - that stinks! And that storm cloud - too scary, especially after all the scary weather we have been having across the country!