Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birchy, Just Birchy

So. I broke my foot yesterday by pure freak accident and total clumsiness. Note to self: make sure the perimeter is secure when stepping onto new construction. Further note to self: good job not saying any bad words.

At first it hurt bad enough that I was trying not to cry, but boy did my eyes water. By noon the swelling and bruising (pain) was bad enough I had scheduled an appointment with the doctor. I didn't see my usual family doctor, but I think it was best this way. This doctor listened to me when I mentioned that when I'd broken a fall with my hand several years ago, it took three months to diagnose a dislocated wrist bone. So he pored over my foot X-rays and discovered that I'd chipped and possibly broken my navicular bone. It looks like a hairline fracture runs through the bottom corner of that bone. They'll retake an X-ray on Monday.

And I thought I'd get to run again once this horrible rainy season is over. Hah! This horrible weather seems to have no plans on going anywhere. I am doctoring my foot with Birch and Helichrysym oils - good for bone-mending and bruising, respectively.

If I could ever have a dry enough spell to put some plants in, I'd probably have a great garden. At least the weeds will be easier to see.

How are all of you? Any fun weekend plans?

7 comments:

M-Cat said...

I'm so sorry for the broken foot! Poop - just POOP!

If it ever stops raining, I'm gonna get some petunia's in and it sure as heck better be dry and at least not freezing on Saturday.

This weather is such a BUMMER!

Kristina P. said...

YOu have all the luck! I am so sorry. :(

Deena said...

I have to give you definite props on the lack of swearing. I don't swear much, but when serious pain happens, sometimes a few fly.

Today we're going to Windsor Castle. Tomorrow we are taking my dad to the airport to send him home and picking my sister up from the airport for her four week stay. yay for visitors!

radioactive girl said...

That stinks! I hope you feel better very soon!

Emily said...

Dang it all! You poor thing. :(

Tebbs Family said...

Bummer!!! Hope everything mends quickly so you can get back on the road again... Does Blaine run???

Emma J said...

Oh my dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your foot! Photos are fantastic btw. And I loved the Adele video.