Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I am a horrible, horrible person

Mother's Day crisis averted. That is all. And I know it was very small and selfish of me. Blerg, do I know it.

Maybe tomorrow I will only be just horrible instead of completely horrible, horrible. Aiming high, I know.

***
Completely jumping tracks.....

Lately, I've seen a lot of heartache and it's got me thinking. I want to know how it happens, where does it start? How do two people make beautiful babies together, love those children deeply and yet drift apart from each other? What first places that wedge between them, what drives it further and further in until they forget the why of their togetherness? Or rather, how does one of them forget and the other holds tightly to something that no longer exists?

Maybe the more important question is how does one keep from forgetting? Is it even possible anymore?

4 comments:

M said...

I think it's totally possible to keep yourself from forgetting - but it takes both people and whole hella lot work!

Which is why I am scheduling a date with my honey for Saturday. I just want to be with him alone!

If you stop wanting that, I think there's a problem

Emily said...

I think people forget it takes work, or perhaps no one really wants to work anymore. We have a date night nearly every week. It definitely helps!

andrea said...

Time together, just as a couple, so you hold on to why you fell for each other in the first place.

As for the Mother's Day deal-i-o, glad it got worked out for you....I'm actually excited that we have a reason to be out of town, and darn it all, miss church. ;) I feel a bit guilty about not being around to make a glorious dinner to feed my mom, but maybe we can work something out.....but I guess I better get on that if I do!

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day.