Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Listen to your heart

So this morning Ellie announced that she wished she had a parrot instead of Bluey the fish.

I mean fish don't even fatch(sic) anyfing. Do you fink I could have one.

Pros and cons of parrot ownership were discussed.

But mom, parrots are so bee-yootiful. At night I would just keep him on my nightstand, not to snuggle, but just to look at him.

Various barriers to entry of ownership, namely exorbitant price and the animal's comfort, were also discussed.

I bet dad would give you a fousand of dollars.

It was made clear that dad would not, in fact, hand over such a sum of money for a bird, no matter how beautiful or soft its feathers.

Not to be deterred she added, I know. I have goggles, you could frow money in the pool, and I'll go under water and get it.

And then she figured out that it would be more underwater time than she'd thought.

So do you fink I could get a porcupine instead?
****
On the way to the grocery store we were discussing manners and how she could politely ask the cashier for a balloon.

I should say please and may I.

Yes, that's polite and it's nice to be polite.

Yeah, so you don't make dat one guy happy.

Who?

You know dat guy what likes it when you say bad words. Not Jesus.

Satan?

Yeah. Wait, you know him?
****
Now, as for listening to your heart. I mean literally. Does it speak to you? Lately mine does. If I get moving quickly, it whispers loudly, "Ea-sy, Ea-sy, Ea-sy," in my ear, I can hear it. I don't know about you, but I'm rather  inclined to listen to that voice. Then I breathe deep, slow breaths and the whisper gently fades away into a peaceful, happy heart.

Neck/back update: numbness is still spreading (all the way to back of my hand), I have a dull ache in the top of my forearm and in my triceps, and my hand still falls asleep instantly when ever I lean forward. Also, the past few days I've had numbness in my lips, teeth and tip of my tongue (possibly medicine  related). The pain is more of an always present, dull ache instead of the stabbing/twisting of a knife type. So, there's that. I'm not complaining, just recording.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She is a cutie! I think a llama would work out well.

Emily said...

Please keep posting these super cute excerpts from your day. They make me smile! (The updates on your pain and lack of feeling better make me sad, though. So sorry you're still not feeling better...)

radioactive girl said...

I love her!

I am so sorry things are still going wrong for you though. I hope you are completely better very soon!

Tebbs Family said...

Aren't you blessed to have Ellie around to keep you smiling and laughing--even through the pain... You two should write children's books! I'm sure you could come up with a very popular Ellie series that would give Junie B. competition.

Queen Scarlett said...

Ellie - rules. ;-)

I'm sorry about the numbness. Are these side effects. Can they be stopped? Hoping you get relief soon!

M-Cat said...

Oh how I love the Ellie!

Freaky symptoms, and maybe I have missed the diagnosis, but I sure hope all starts to feel better soon!

Omgirl said...

I absolutely love the way kids reason through things. She is hysterical!

Emma J said...

"Wait - you know him? !! Couldn't you somehow gather everything she's ever said and make it a novel - not about her or autobigraphical necessarily but just put all those sayings together and whatever shape they make - bang! a brilliant piece of comedy!

But sobering - this spreading numbness. I do not like this.

myimaginaryblog said...

She is PRICELESS. So, so, so smart and funny. I wish I could recommend a hedgehog (which might be a good substitute for a porcupine) but they're a lot of work to care for and still quite prickly.

I actually do know what you mean about your heart. I was thinking the other day that ever since learning (a couple years ago) that I have a heart murmur and then going through pregnancy hypertension, I'm SO much more aware of my heart. And I do try to listen when it tells me to slow down.

Sorry about the numbness; glad it's better than the pain. Wish you could be without both.

Mrs. Organic said...

Isn't it funny? I do believe that our bodies communicate with us and that we just need to learn how to listen to them.

I wish I could video her all day long, I'm afraid I'll forget all these precious, humorous moments.

brownpaperbaggirl said...

Haha, that's adorably comical! Kids say the darndest things.

brownpaperbaggirl said...

Haha, that's adorably comical! Kids say the darndest things.