Sunday, October 24, 2010

'Tis the season


Finally, a little blustery weather to bring out the baker in me. Not that I'm glad about fall finally coming, but there's nothing like baked goods to cozy up a home.

I've been experimenting with a friend's whole wheat pumpkin muffin recipe, using kamut flour instead. It makes for a rather spongy muffin, so I'm not quite satisfied with the results - must tweak some more. My poor family. At least there's chocolate in every batch so they're not complaining too loudly.

I'm hoping to add back in some bread-making and Scottish oats for breakfast in the mornings, maybe some home-made yogurt for smoothies. And to finally find the perfect home-made hot cocoa recipe.

***
Last weekend I visited my Grandma B and she showed me a quilting project her mother had worked on. She asked if I would finish it. It's a 1940's sunflower quilt on a black background, and I think it's just the thing to get me back into quilting.

So, tell me - What does this colder weather bring out in you?

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I like baking too, in this kind of weather, but for some reason, I haven't been doing in. :(

Tebbs Family said...

Believe it or not, I will hop back in bed with a book for an hour or two once the kids leave for school (especially if I've already been to the 5:30 am gym class) and I don't feel guilty at all! I love doing that!!!

M-Cat said...

If the blustery brings out the baker in you - it brings out the bi*** in me. Not good. Not good at all.

Emma J said...

I am hankering to make bread again, too. It must the colder weather. Maybe I can resist?

Up in Bubbles said...

Wow what an honor. I think that would be neat to finish, and you are the perfect person for the job. Mrs Talent.

Omgirl said...

What does this weather bring out in me? The sleep socks and the Steven's Hot Vanilla. Mmmm....