Sunday, September 19, 2010

Minchatas and Gang Signs

Ellie had a "minchata" for her birthday (thank you grandma and grandpa). What? You don't do those? But it's so fun to whack at them and then make a mad scramble once all the candy comes pouring out.

Every morning the light bounces off the hall mirror and makes these streak of rainbows on the floor. Ellie loves to lie down in them and slowly turn her head while looking down, "Oh mom! Everything is blue, is purple!" I am pretty sure she will not go blind doing this.

"Mom, I'm doing the plus, plus equal signs." (mathematician gang signs, yo!)

Also, girls play with train tracks differently than boys do. Who knew?

And lastly, a bambino project I recently finished.

And further lastly, Ty has been sick this weekend. I doctored him with some oils and presto! no fever today. Coincidence? I will keep testing with my apothecary cabinet and get back to you.

Most lastly, I experimented on myself. I have some notes that say to take 2 drops each of lavender, peppermint and lemon oils under your tongue for allergy relief. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work, because I am a skeptic and all that. But! I am not sneezing and my nose has quit running like a faucet. Huh.

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is the happiest train track ever.

Kalli Ko said...

por mi bambino? Que bueno!

Tebbs Family said...

What a fun household you must have... she's hilarious! You should sell your darling projects! You'd have enough to retire on in no time!!!

Alexa and Tamara said...

You're so talented!!!

I'm going to buy oils and see if I can help my husbands allergies.... Any particular brands?

Elizabeth-W said...

I just love that girl.

Mrs. Organic said...

Tami - I prefer the doTerra brand oils. I've got tons of notes typed up, let me know if you'd like any copies.

Heffalump said...

Cute sweater vest!
You are right...my boys never made the train tracks look like that...

M-Cat said...

The train track is hysterical. Love the way their minds work

Kimberly said...

Oil of oregano is supposed to be pretty fab too.

And dang that girl of yours is fabulous. But you knew that.

radioactive girl said...

I love the minchata. The words kids find for things are awesome!

This whole post makes me know for sure we would be great friends if we lived closer in real life. The rainbow thing is something my kids do too.

And mathematician gang signs are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater, who are you? You just keep whipping those thing out. AMAZING! Did she really do that train track by herself? So cute she is going to be creative just like you. Loves Kel

Terri said...

Ah what a fun read. Hope Ty continues to do well. Keep experimenting with the oils---feels good to know you can take care of so many thing yourself and so simply!!Love ya all

Omgirl said...

Please keep me posted on if your oils work long term because I'm dying of allergies over here!!!

Emma J said...

I love Ellie-isms! and that sweater vest - adorable!

Could you email me the oil notes too? I'm tired of not getting better with these small bodily dysfunctions at which "real" doctors shrug (not saying "Just deal," but I comprehend anyway.)

Did the oils work for his E coli UTI?