Monday, September 13, 2010

What day is it again?

Between the tomatoes, onions and peppers (and all the painting)

and the birthdays




I'm a little disoriented. For birthdays, we give our kids a budget (which includes money for a gift) and they choose how to spend it. This was Nicole's party. She booked a local gym and bought her cake. I love to see how they spend and what each child's priorities are.
There are a few Ellie-isms to update you on:
One day while she was doing her bidness (#2 to be more specific), she looked up and said (earnestly, I might add): Sometimes, I make a wish when I'm doing this.
Honestly, it can be really difficult to keep a straight face around here.
***
While on a bike ride:
Ellie: I just wish I could marry someone today.
Me: Oh, why?
Ellie: I just really want some cupcakes.
***
In the car on the ride home from the mountains:
Nicole: Ellie, could you please stop singing? I can't concentrate.
Ellie: What's the big deal about singing? Why are you making a fuss over my singing? You don't see me making a fuss about you reading. (and then in a voice, you know the imitating tone): Nicole, stop reading - it's driving me crazy. See? Doesn't make any sense.