Monday, July 19, 2010

Make-Up Monday

Ellie came tearing into the house in full high-pitched wail. You know, the kind where you can't catch your breath because the owie hurts so bad. Her sister came running in after her so I asked what happened.

A rock fell on her head.

Fell on her head?

Well, I was sort of looking at it and it sort of dropped on her.

By now a nice sized goose egg was forming smack dab in the middle of Ellie's forehead. I tell ya, you gotta look out for rocks. Rocks is dangerous. Thank goodness for Dora bandaids, they make everything better. (She now has a bruise the size of a quarter).


Remember that trip to the mountains I took? The one with friends? They all worked on their quilting projects, but since I'm on a break with quilting I took some knitting instead.

These are some fun slouchy socks that I'm trying to figure out as I go.

Cute alert: an owl hat for my niece

Perfect to go with an owl dress

Oh look, a sweater I meant to finish making up for a baby boy LAST fall. Oops. Too bad there are no little baby boys on the way.

And my mom's Christmas (yes, last Christmas - but now her birthday) scarf is finished.

It's my first experience making lace. Was fun. What are you making up these days?

14 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

check that,

I have a baby boy on the way

problem solved

Kenna said...

poor Ellie it looks pretty bad, but your right a Dora band-aid can do wonders. Your projects turned out so cute, cant wait for you to teach me. is there anything you can't do, Woman your amazing!

Kristina P. said...

I had no idea you were such a talented knitter!

And I generally look up a lot to make sure rocks don't hit me in the face.

Heffalump said...

Rocks IS dangerous!

I'm having a boy too...

Elizabeth-W said...

Cute!!!

M-Cat said...

Good on you for all your craftiness!

I am making nothing! Don't have a crafty bone in my body. But I like to admire everyone else's work

Tebbs Family said...

You almost made me want to HAVE a boy... ha ha!!! Your projects are amazing and I admire them all!!

myimaginaryblog said...

Those rocks can be so slippery and willful.

I love all your projects. The owl hat and sweater are just fabulous.

Hmm, to be making something I'd have to get off the computer and go into my sewing room. I've been thinking about doing that. Maybe I will.

Alexa and Tamara said...

The only thing I've been making up are excuses as to why my house is a disaster, why I haven't been cooking dinner and the reasons I'm not as tight and toned as I used to be.... You on the other hand are incredibly productive. You seem to really have it all and together even. You're my hero.... I want to be like you when I grow up.

Kimberly said...

Oh that no taking a breath kind of cry just stops my heart!

And wow your work is gorgeous! I'm especially in love with that scarf. I crochet rather than knit but now I'm thinking I need to give knitting a try.

Right now I'm working on a cross-stitch of a wizard and a dragon, lest we ever have a boy child. Hey, doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Omgirl said...

I had no idea and I am duely impressed! I have no idea how to spell due-ly, though.

radioactive girl said...

I LOVE the knitting. Awesome! I especially love the owl stuff. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow that scarf is so pretty. I love the hat and owl dress and can't wait to see them in person or better yet on. YOu are gifted in so many ways. Love You!

Nobody said...

That hat is darling. Totally warranted a cute alert. And I love the scarf too. Such a knitting talent you got going on there!