Saturday, June 26, 2010

What doesn't kill you....


Imagine three days with no phone, no TV (glorious!), and no Internet (I know!).

Guess what?

I am still alive. Guess what again? Turns out you do not die from no online access. Who knew? I spent time in the company of 7 other women, an invisible man, and a Boston Terrier who, bless his heart, stuck to me (and my dog allergies) like white on rice.

We brought our bikes along (I am the pinhead with no helmet) and went for gorgeous rides. I would've been happy to ride all day long, but at 9000 feet you sort of feel winded a lot sooner. Like in one third the time.

We couldn't ask for a better view and spent as much time as possible outdoors.

The first night featured a golden sunset across the water. It was so stunning I forgot to capture it. We sat and worked on projects - knitting for me (socks, hat and a scarf) and quilting for most everyone else.

It was just the thing I needed- the rustling of wind through the aspens, the sisterhood of good women, and excellent food. Peace. I totally recommend it.