Friday, May 7, 2010

Speaking of snot (or rather, the karma of putting the word "snot" in a title (that last one) that has absolutely nothing to do with snot)

I just sat through a movie with my finger in my ear. The movie was rather enjoyable, however, listening to the guy next to me snork back his sinus contents was not. In between breathing like Darth Vader, sighing as if the world was crushing down on his very shoulders and all the uh, snorking (ahem) I pretty much almost lost it. Remember I have auditory claustrophobia/Bionic Woman hearing?

I think I actually ate more popcorn than usual (actually any popcorn is more popcorn than usual) just so the sound of my chewing might drown him out at least a little.

I'm sure you're a very nice guy (outside of the movie theater), but dude! to actually pull out your Afrin and squirt up next to me? during like, a quiet scene? Ewwww!!! You could've at least waited for an action (read: noisy) scene.

Public Service Announcement: If you are ever personally tempted to snork (shudder) - Stay home, put your feet up, and drink some hot lemon tea with a shot of honey.

And now I'm off to Slumbersville, hoping that both my finger and my ear (and let's be honest: my mental health) recover from tonight's double feature - Ironman 2: Revenge of the Snot.