Sunday, December 20, 2009

Waiting for the lightning to strike

Ellie was so anxious to re-enact the nativity tonight.

I am baby Chee-zus. Who is gonna be Mary (not mommy because she can't hold me. She can't because she's hurt and Mary has tah hold her baby)?

I'll be the angel, Nicole pipes in.

And from Michelle - I'll be Mary.

Let's get Spielberg to be a wise man (he is a wise guy, after all).

Ooo, and I'll be the fairy. Ellie dons a white sailor hat and some butterfly wings, plopping herself down on the makeshift manger - a sheepskin from New Zealand.

There is no fairy in the Nativity, we tell her.

I'm not doing that story.

She opens her book of scripture and begins "reading" a song about the baby Jesus:
Away in a Manger it came to pass
that Santa was there.

Well, alrighty then. Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That sounds like a delightful song. The way it should be.

Kimberly said...

Forget the lightning, I'm surprised we can't hear the angels giggling...

Elizabeth-W said...

In Sharing Time yesterday the chorister was talking about the angels winging down to Earth, and the Primary Pres asked me to clarify that angels don't "really" have wings. It's always so disappointing to the little ladies in the group to be reminded of that little unfortunate truth.

andrea said...

Love it! I saw the weirdest show (kids show for Christmas) that tried to mix the Christ part of Christmas with the Santa part....in the story, they talked about how Santa's magic bag of toys was made from the swaddling clothes used on Baby Jesus....I thought that was the biggest stretch of imagination and yarn-telling I'd ever heard!

King of New York Hacks said...

and a child will lead us..I'm in.

Shawn said...

Oh, she tells it like she sees it! Love it! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, my dear!! Can't wait to see you when I come out in Feb.----yes---I am coming out again... :)

Anonymous said...

Cute cute. I need to get some wise men together for my boys. KEl

Loralee and the gang... said...

OK, so I didn't pick up on it in your last post, but you are hurt? What happened?
:~I

Emma J said...

re: Loralee's comment - Yes, what happened? I had wondered but now I'm worrying.

Also, you should write a children's book with Ellie as the main character - it would be a bestseller!

Omgirl said...

She should be a writer with that kind if creativity. Awesome.

Heffalump said...

Ah, reading about Ellie makes me excited for when Baby B starts using her imagination!

Mrs. Organic said...

I'm fine - just getting older and trying to get used to it. :)

kado! said...

oh!! We have "baby Cheeze-its" here at our house...i crack up everytime Nox says that!

myimaginaryblog said...

Butterfly wings make any production better. Go, Ellie!