Monday, December 28, 2009

Year-End Wrap-up

I copped this from Tiburon (you must go read her - she is one of the amazing bloggy people I got to meet this year).

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Lose 70 lbs. 'Nuff said.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hell, yeah. And then some.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two sisters and a sister-in-law. All girls.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Eastern Caribbean.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More sleep! (Tib, I so feel you on this).

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 7th I turned 38 with a steely resolve to drop 40 lbs, and I did it.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to love running (also overcoming my fear of being alone in the dark - I was a big baby)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not overcoming my sailor mouth.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ignorance is bliss.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ty's new van.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nicole learned to love reading and has read 8 chapter books (big ones) since the start of the school year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hello, sailor mouth.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Two new cars, new wardrobe, and the orthodontist for Michelle's mouth.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our cruise to the Caribbean.
P90X.
My playlist.
Running.
Losing extra baggage.
Our new paint (the house no longer feels depressing and cave-like).
My new curtain fabric (hopefully, pictures to follow soon).
Purchasing Ty's new van (a decision that took me 4 or 5 years - I sorta lost count).
Mr. O's sweet new ride.
My new bod (and let's be honest, the new clothes I can shop for now)
My heat pack from Wendy.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Fireflies by Owl City.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. Much.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner and so much healthier.
c) richer or poorer? Richer. All the way around.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Preserving my garden harvest. Writing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Again, sailor mouth.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home and then a quick visit to my mom and dad's house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. With running and also a renewed love for Mr. O.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee (although it pains me to admit it).

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24. What was the best book you read?
There are so many to choose from but I'm going to give a shameless plug for my cousin's new book The Dark Divine.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
iTunes - Yes, I know I'm late to the party.

26. What did you want and get?
Some self-esteem.
A new me and in the process a new work ethic.

27. What did you want and not get?
I can't think of a thing. Except for maybe - becoming one of those people who magically clams up when they get upset.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Blind Side. EXCELLENT flick. Really really good. (Ditto! I loved it).

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember other than I recorded my current weight and a renewed vow to lose weight. I'd already lost 35 lbs by then. And then I wrote for three more days and quit. Small price to pay for actually dumping another 40 lbs, but I wish I'd have kept better track of my thoughts and emotions during that time.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think this year will be hard to top. We travelled, we decorated (finally)

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
How about discovering cute clothes again? And also realizing that I have no fashion sense and rely completely on those who do.

32. What kept you sane?
Yoga and running. Also the occasional Filet Mignon.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Craig what's-his-name the funny late night comedian with a side of George Clooney.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Thankfully I have political amnesia.

35. Who did you miss?
My sisters.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
All the bloggy friends through the year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Everything is possible.

38. What are you looking forward to in 2010?
Finishing and maintaining my fitness goals.
A clean cancer screen.
More travel (a girl can dream...)
New curtains.
Ty's new bed (you have no idea how awesome it will be) and room.
Maybe a Make-A-Wish for Ty?

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Probably something from Boom, Boom Pow! because it kept me running. Give me a beat (no wait, that's Janet Jackson).