Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wherein Mr. O scores some serious points


I secretly look forward to my birthday (alright - and Christmas) every year. I never know what Mr. O is going to do, but it is always thoughtful and, you know, extremely awesome. This year was no different. Remember this list?

He decided to help me get closer to crossing off #23 and gave me a left-handed guitar. We sit across from each other and I copy his fingering to relearn the chords. I've really got to get a left-handed tablature for chords and songs, because trying to flip the fingering in my head is crazy-making. Once I learn my song (and I swear it won't be Kumbaya), I'll post a video.

10 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

He's a keeper! :D

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Look forward to hearing it. Kel

Mark and Kristie said...

Can't wait to hear you play!

Emma J said...

What a beautiful guitar! (And what a beautiful image, the two of you bending toward each other over your guitars!) Good job, Mr. O!

Tebbs Family said...

Awesome photos of an awesome instrument! Hope it brings you many, many hours of joy...

myimaginaryblog said...

Very cool! I look forward to hearing the song. (Not that there's anything wrong with Kumbaya.) :)

Kim N said...

Love that top pictures! Beautiful. That sounds so fun to play guitars together. That was a thoughtful gift.

Mrs. Organic said...

Since I've aready got Kumbaya down, I figured I better learn something new. Also I can't help but sing along to it and I wouldn't subject you lovely people to THAT.

david mcmahon said...

That's a great choice of gift. So now you'll turn into a rock star at midnight, right?

b. said...

Mr. O IS a keeper!

I have always wanted to learn to play guitar...I can't wait to hear you play!