Sunday, June 21, 2009

Practical Parenting Tips

...from an obvious expert (quit snickering)

1. If you want to know the perfect hiding place for gadgets in "time out," it is a little something called the Lingerie Basket. Seriously, no 14 yr old boy is going to look in there.

2. Kids think the most super-secrety hiding place is under their bed (it's interesting the stuff you find under there i.e., empty contraband Dr. Pepper bottles and gum wrappers). Right, like the dust ruffle is some sort of an invisibility cloak.

3. "Clean" to a mom is not even on the same continent as "clean" to a kid, quite possibly not even on the same planet.

4. Peanutbutter is good for getting gum and/or pine sap off/out of things, especially hair.

5. Which comes in pretty useful after the three year old has zeroed in on the supposed invisibility cloak in the older brother's room.

8 comments:

Tirzah said...

Too funny!

b. said...

On number 1...I don't want my 14 year old son to know that I'm....never mind, I'll talk to you about that in person...

Kristina P. said...

I forgot about the old PB and gum trick. We used to use ice a lot for that.

Shawn said...

I believe that even hiding things in the LAUNDRY basket is a good place to hide---well, for ANY teenager!

Mrs. Organic said...

By lingerie I meant foundational support items. Ya know?

myimaginaryblog said...

I have a box in the storage room off of the garage labeled "outgrown baby clothes" where Christmas stuff goes, but the kids could easily figure it out if they showed any initiative. They're just not very inquisitive kids about sleuthing this kind of stuff out. (Lucky me, I guess.)

Loralee and the gang... said...

great tips! And hiding the gadgets in the undies? Priceless!

Steven said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

http://maternitymotherhood.net