Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seaweed is, most decidedly, an acquired taste

You may recall that trying sushi is on this list of mine. Don't ask me why I thought it necessary to include sushi on there - I mean, there is nothing of merit about seaweed, raw fish and sticky rice besides the color combination. I also ate a California Roll which was equally nasty. The whole thing was rather vile, but I did it. I chewed, and chewed and finally choked it down without gagging. Much.

My stomach is now having second thoughts about letting the sushi take up residence. I suppose a future appearance on Fear Factor is out of the question and I had better find another way to make my millions.

In other news, I've managed to stay sugar-free for two weeks except for one mug of hot cocoa. As a consequence, I'm no longer craving the diet soda. I've had a couple, but that's it. In more other news I've started actually working out again and while I have not lost much weight - I have lost inches. Enough inches to keep me going (about 5 in various places).

Hope you all have a Happy (and healthy) New Year!