Thursday, August 28, 2008

Auction for Nie Nie Day


I'm admittedly late to this charity auction hosted by Design Mom for Stephanie and Christian Nielson, but maybe there is still time to help. You can read more about the tragedy that has struck their family here. If this quilt isn't your thing, there are over 165 other auctioneers at last count - there's sure to be something out there that you'll want to bid on. What better excuse for shopping than to help a family in need. They were both in a plane crash and are facing significant medical costs. Stephanie has burns over 80% of her body and her husband over 30%. Please pass the word along, let's all come together and help this sweet family.

And now, for some pictures of this retro-inspired quilt. It is bright and cheerful in pinks, greens, yellows and reds with a kiss of blue. If you'd like any other pictures or have any questions, please email me. It measures about 47 x 58.

The back is a soft pink dot

Some close-ups so you can see the fabulous quilting and fun colors

Isn't this cherry binding cute?



feathering on the hearts

bluebird of happiness

even better shot of the cherries on the binding

the green are more of a bright apple green than you see here

I love the quilted sun on this block




How this silent auction works:
1) Please place your bid by leaving a comment with your Bid Amount in the comments section of the item you are bidding on. Let's start the bidding at $125 (the quilt is valued at $250) - remember, it's for a great cause. Check the comments to see the most recent High Bid.

2) Following the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (make sure your comment bid includes an email address or link to your blog or some way to contact you). The winner will pay the amount of their winning bid to the Stephanie and Christian PayPal account. The winner will then forward the PayPal receipt to me at tylerstriumph@yahoo.com and I will then ship the quilt. I will pay for the shipping.

3) Please bid in increments of whole dollars. The auction will end at Midnight PST on Sunday, August 31, 2008.


Don't forget to check out the other auctions at Design Mom.

30 comments:

Mrs. Organic said...

Starting bid $125 - thanks! Your prayers and supportive thoughts are also welcomed.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Simply Beautiful Mrs. O!

I'll continue the bidding at $130.

Summer said...

I can't afford a bid on this one but I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your quilt is. Every work you've posted on this blog has been, I think, amazing.

Liz said...

$150--it truly is beautiful!

mommyatlaw said...

This beautiful quilt gave me goosebumps. And it's such a tremendous cause. I bid $175.

Mrs. Organic said...

If you don't leave a way to contact you, I'll have to let the next qualifying bid take it. Thanks.

jessica's mom said...

180. so lovely.

Liz said...

$200...thanks so much!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

oooo...I see it's gone up. Good!

$225 :0)

JENNIFRO said...

Wow! This quilt is to die for!!! (almost as awesome as mine!) ; )

Liz said...

$250
what a great cause and a great quilt!

Mrs. Organic said...

Your bids are overwhelming me - you all have such generous hearts, thank you! I may just have to throw in a little something extra for the winner (and it will be sweet!)

Remember, you have until midnight PST, Sunday to submit your bids and help Stephanie and Christian.

grandma jojo said...

this quilt is beautiful and is such a wonderful thing you are doing.
$265
joie{dot}grant{at}sbcglobal{dot}net

Liz said...

$280
thanks again!

grandma jojo said...

$295
let's keep it going!

Pam said...

I can't resist... $320.00. (pamngil@yahoo.com)

Liz said...

wow!
$340

Mrs. Organic said...

Yay! I'll tell you what I've thrown in as an extra bit from me a $50 gift certificate to Linens and Things. So keep bidding if you have it to donate to the Nielsen's Recovery Fund. I'll announce the winner tonight at midnight PST and place the donate button in my sidebar.

Anyone who doesn't end up with the quilt is still welcome to donate any amount to the fund. They are looking at years of recovery. Bless your generous hearts!

compulsive writer said...

I can't bid either, but I just needed to tell you:

Your quilt is lovely--and so are you. Bless your generous heart!

Kenna said...

So beautiful, you are so talented.

Liz said...

I am still keeping my bid, but just curious...did you make this quilt? so much detail!
Liz

Mrs. Organic said...

I assmebled the quilt, a block at a time. Some are machine appliqued and others are hand-appliqued. But it is all pieced by me and then machine quilted (on a thin Hobbs and Natural bat) by a very gifted friend of mine.

grandma jojo said...

this has been a great auction. thank you for the opportunity of bidding on your beautiful quilt. one more bid before bed.
$350

Liz said...

375!

Liz said...

Like grandma jojo, I also thank you...for your amazing donation of this amazing quilt.
God bless you...

Mrs. Organic said...

Liz - that's cutting it close, you win. I'll be notifying you by email. granmda jojo thanks for your bids as well.

Mrs. Organic said...

1 am my time is 12am PST, so you both kept it going down to the wire.

grandma jojo said...

congratulations liz. enjoy that beautiful quilt.
mrs. o, thanks again for your generosity and for hosting this auction.

Liz said...

Thanks so much! I know my daughters will enjoy this quilt for years to come. I am so glad that people kept bidding so that the family will get as much $ as possible. I am sure they will need every penny.
thanks again for doing this, and for your awesome donation!

nie nie said...

Thank you for your support! When you finalize your totals for your auction, can you email the grand total to nienieauction@gmail.com where we are collecting totals for the many auctions that took place. Thanks again!