Wednesday, June 25, 2008

To be or not to be?

Lately, things haven't been that "Organic" around here. Maybe it's the heat of summer and waiting for all that glorious produce to come in, but prepared foods have never looked better.

Making bread, making yogurt, cooking from scratch - actually cooking anything in any form whatsoever have all just been too much. It isn't hard to do any of those things, but it just takes more mental energy than I want to spare right now.

I think I am suffering from SAD (Summer Affected Disorder) - all kids, all the time and allergies to boot. Lots of daylight = late bedtimes for everyone = snowball's chance of a break for mom.

Calgon? Take me away! Preferably, before the goons from Mental Health arrive ;)

6 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Enjoy your long summer days - it's winter here in Oz!

Heffalump said...

I usually have a hard time cooking in the summer, just because its warm, and who wants to cook when its already hot?
My kids are already driving me a little bit crazy and summer is not even 1/3 over for us!

Cocoa said...

They aren't called the lazy days of summer for nothing!

Alisha said...

midnight is the only time cool enough to cook around here. and by then, who has the energy? oh wait, apparently that's the only time to read blogs too :)
p.s. the hippie chickies are just beautiful. . .perfect.

Mrs. Organic said...

Glad to know I'm not alone in this and Alisha - thanks for the compliment, it made my day.

the lazy reader said...

Summer is not my favorite season. Too hot to do anything and it depletes all your energy. We eat a lot of salad and fruit and cereal.