Monday, June 23, 2008

Another one bites the dust


well, two actually

I sewed this up from a kit and then tied it with embroidery floss - I don't know why, but I am in love with bindings. This one reminds me of a candy cane. Click to biggify-the lace pattern on the backing is so pretty.

A close up - the patches came stitched together, and all I had to do was sew on the chenille borders. I made this for Michelle to replace her toddler blanket. It serves as her car blanket for road trips and sits on her bed looking pretty.

This one is a cheater quilt too - Thanksgiving panels on the front and

pumpkins on the back. Wendy quilted this one with vines, flowers, stars and loops. It's one of those handy quilts I use when Ty needs to lie down somewhere.

To see what people are talking about, visit Lara's blog

13 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

These are darling!

Christy said...

Those are both so cute! That stripey binding is really great.

Rae said...

I am all about "cheater" quilts! I love the chenille border! My girl's quilts have lots of pops of chenille. Your binding is soooo good! Mine never turns out that perfect!!!

b. said...

I LOVE that top one!
Quilting is the only thing about sewing that I think I would like to know....

Amber said...

Those are fabulous!

Vanessa said...

They look really great. I love quilting! It's so rewarding to see all of the little pieces grow into something amazing.

The Lazy Organizer said...

Very cute! I can't seem to get inspired for quilting these days but I do have a quilt back from the quilter that I need to post when I get home.

Mrs. Organic said...

I've been on a quilting hiatus these past two years. I just left everything "in progress" in the closet and shut the door. I finally feel like I can work on it again.

the lazy reader said...

Lovely.

PinkDaisyGirl said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a cheater quilt. My girls took a homeschool quilting class in Illinois and I lurked as the teacher's helper. I learned a lot from that, but a cheater quilt would be much faster I'm thinking.

I absolutely LOVE the one on the top!

~ Kayren

Richelle said...

Those are beautiful! I love the stripey candy cane border. The quilting on the second one is wonderful!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I especially like the first one--so pretty and feminine!

~ Sarah

up in bubbles said...

Oh man I love this one also. WHy are girl colors and things so cute. I really need a girl around. The bottom quilt is neat too.