Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2.6

I ran an off number of miles yesterday because it was all I had time for between running children all over the planet. It bugged me. Like, seriously bugged me.

In fact, at 11:30 last night I was still thinking about going back out and finishing my normal number just to round it off and make it a prettier number. Instead, I stayed home and nestled into Mr. O's side, (totally better than running) but still I thought about it.

And now for today's dilemma, can I resist the urge to finish yesterday's number and add it on to today's route? Or can I just leave yesterday behind me and get today right?

Isn't that what it all comes down to?

6 comments:

M-Cat said...

I have to have an even number of miles myself. And why does it consume our thoughts? I emptied the recycle can in the garage to the big one on the curb yesterday morning and then tossed another ceral box into the one in the garage. I went to work stewing over the fact, that I should have taken it to the one on the curb so that I had a "clean" start after pick up day. SO WEIRD!

Mrs. Organic said...

I couldn't leave it alone, I went out twice today. But I got it in. I think I just don't want my weekly totals to dip, because then it's like I'm falling behind.

Lisa said...

I can relate! Even numbers, numbers divisible by 5, symmetrical, proper punctuation and spelling while texting... I am not OCD; I am quirky =D

radioactive girl said...

I would be bugged by that too. I totally understand it. I think only certain people can get it. I know one guy who also gets it but otherwise people just look at me like I am crazy when I say something like that.

Tebbs Family said...

I'm just impressed you're out there running! Good for you!! John and I are running the Moab relay this weekend and I think the same thing as you.. round up/down the numbers, for goodness sake. Why am I running a 7.62 leg--why can't it be 7-1/2 or 8 miles???

Mrs. Organic said...

Lisa - I like mine divisible by five. I eat any small candies that way too. But I am not so OCD as to have it seriously interfere with life, just quirky enough for it to niggle in my brain.

RG - I know you and I have the numbers thing. Numbers are reliable, comforting. Goodness, I'm weird. Today is looking like one where I won't get to go out at all. Maybe at 10?

Alicia - I know, right? I think the non-rounding people do it just to get under our skin.