Thursday, January 20, 2011

And CLEAR!

My heart got the very nicest jump start today - I am cleared to start walking, biking, and even try running (with instructions to "Listen to your body" and all that). No weightlifting or sit-ups yet, those are a month off.

But the doc said I can walk the heck out of the treadmill/sidewalk. Really, those were his words. I don't think I ever realized just how much exercise keeps the crazy at bay clears the mind and fills the soul until I couldn't do it anymore.

So yes, I'm looking forward to my daily constitutional, may the peace levels in this home return.

***
In other news, I'm so glad I took Ellie along on the canal trail this past year since it is all torn up now and in the process of being buried and then paved over. I will miss the wildflowers, the mossy smell and the little duck families on the banks. I'm not sure the quicker, smoother ride is a fair trade.

***
In still more other news, or rather other observations ~

Just when people are at their least lovable, that is when they need love and reassurance the very most (note to self: remember this on those prickly days, that you've been there and even though it's hard: love anyway).

***
How are you all this fine Thursday? Any fun weekend plans?

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay for clearance!

I have no plans but to prepare my house for our houseguest who is staying with us this month but has been away this week. Baking to do, laundry to fold, that sort of thing.

radioactive girl said...

Hooray! But make sure you really do listen to your body and don't push too hard. You just had some major surgery so if you need to take it easy that is fine!

Emily said...

Working out is what keeps me sane. Seriously. So welcome back and yes, please take it easy!

susette said...

Amen to exercise!! It's what literally saves me daily.

Elizabeth-W said...

Yea you!
Weekend...just the regular here. No school today, though!

Mrs. Organic said...

Kimberly (I admit it's hard for me to break the habit of writing Kym), Baking, laundry, and houseguests are welcome plans.

Tori- I think I am a slow learner when it comes to listening to my body, I like to push myself. On the other hand, there is no way I want to go through that surgery again and that's just what would happen if I don't take the lifting restrictions seriously.

Emily - I aspire to your level of fitness. Perhaps one day I might actually be able to compete in Tris without killing myself off. I totally want a hawt bod like yours.

Susette - I just love you. And if it weren't for exercise I'd be curled up in a corner of my closet, rocking and mumbling jibberish.

EW - thank you and I'd love to get our girls together again this summer. Maybe you'll have to bring them down for a swim day this summer. And then we can have little dance off - moms vs. girls.

M-Cat said...

Love anyway....

so hard to do but so necessary.

Yay for clearance!

Omgirl said...

That is great news! Congrats! Are you looking like your non-inflated self now too?