Friday, December 31, 2010

Trying to be

On this the last day of the year, I'm stuck home doing nothing. Scratch that, in this case doing nothing actually equates to doing something - healing.

Despite appearances to the contrary, healing is hard work - especially when you've run out of Dr. Pepper (sidenote: whoever was in charge of keeping my stash stocked, you're in need of some serious improvement, I'm just sayin').

I am a lazy butt and it's driving me and my household crazy. I cannot even seem to get my book read, the words all run together and then I put on my old lady reading glasses (which are really old man reading classes that I "borrowed" from Mr. O) but since I am laying on my side, it's rather uncomfy. And who wants to be uncomfy and lazy at the same time?

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to be more up and at 'em. I hope your New Year's Eve is a festive one. Party extra hardy (or is it hearty) for me.

6 comments:

dalene said...

I'm home doing nothing and I don't even have an excuse. Although I may be healing mentally. And you're right, healing is hard work. I've been thinking about you all week. Mend well, friend. Happy New Year!

Kristina P. said...

Take care and have a happy New year!

Emma J said...

Thinking of you and hoping your healing is not too burdensome. Why can't you have idleness portioned out for small refreshing breaks throughout the coming year instead of dumped on you all at once? and enforced?

radioactive girl said...

You definitely are not lazy! You just had major surgery and are recovering. You are SUPPOSED to be lying around doing nothing but healing!

I understand how hard it is, especially for people like us who don't like to be lazy but it's important so I hope you stay "lazy" for a while and let yourself heal!

Nancy Face said...

Nothing is better than Dr. Pepper! Srsly! I only get to drink it on special occasions because the caffeine gives me boobage cysts.

I bet you really wanted to know that! :D

Kimberly said...

You poor girl...I really hope things are looking up now.