Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can you smell me now?

I'm on day three (or is it 4) of wearing the exact same clothes. In fact you might even say that pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt are my new uniform. I know it's disgusting, but at this point, we all should all be glad that I have on any clothes at all, because I don't really care. On the plus side: less laundry.

My spinal headache is slowly going away - I can now be upright for about 3 hours before it hits me again. I'm too much of a wimp to go in for a blood patch. My eyes are fatiguing so quickly that I'm finding myself reaching for reading glasses more and more. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of the pain meds or just a part of getting older.

Our neighbors have been especially good to us, bringing food in and such. Thank you neighbors, I'm on a two week restriction from doing pretty much everything. Thank you auntie Moana for helping me so much and of course, the biggest thank you goes to Mr. O who just steps in and does what needs doing (and without any complaining).

I made it to the bookstore and purchased two books to get me through my lazy days. Right now I'm reading I Am Number Four and so far, so good.

***
We had Christmas three days early (which I liked) and everyone got in the holiday spirit. Ellie especially enjoyed wrapping her gifts to us. Everyone got one or two Spanish flash cards from her. It was hilarious, she said it was so we could learn to speak different Spanishes like her.

In the car (which is where she shares her best gems), Ellie said I know who doesn't have a Christmas tree at Christmas.

Mr. O: Who?

Ellie: Satan. Becept he's really naughty.

Sharp as a tack that Ellie is.