Friday, November 12, 2010

Let's all be glad....

that I didn't post last night. Ambien and Blogger is not a good combination. Entertaining and embarrassing? Yes. Coherent and rational? No.

I get to have a Girls' Weekend starting in about 4 hours. To say I am excited is an understatement. I am looking forward to good company and no responsibilities as well as warmer temps.

***
Last night, I overheard Spielberg ask Ellie: Was that a fart?

Her response: No! It was two.

She has been experimenting with saying no or talking back, and it's like she's two all over again. At two talking back was a lot more charming. Bleh.

***
I have a hard time watching my kids learn hard lessons, but I know they need to be learned.

I'm thinking that with my parenting skills, I might have a future in piloting helicopters. I'm just saying.
***
I want to knit myself a sweater now that it won't take eleventy billion skeins of yarn (you know, on account of how slimmer-ish I am), but it's so hard to decide.

Maybe this one?


Hmm, it will still take a heckuva ton of yarn and the way I knit - at least two lifetimes to complete it. I still like it. (But seriously, who wears white pants?)

8 comments:

M-Cat said...

Just for fun, I think you SHOULD do a post whilst on Ambien - it would be awe.some!

Emma J said...

I think a future in piloting helicopters could be very energizing. Let's do it.

Queen Scarlett said...

can't wait to hear about your girls weekend... I desperately need one. I will live vicariously through you for now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I want to come on your girls weekend. I could definitely use one. As for the sweater that is beautiful and looks very very hard. If anyone can do it you can. I would look great with a pair of jeans or to church. Have fun. Love Kel

Omgirl said...

maybe it's just the pants, but that sweater looks a little too Swedish grandma to me. don't hate me!

myimaginaryblog said...

Good company, warmer temps, and no responsibilities sounds FABULOUS. I hope it's lived up to what it sounds like.

Is the model Swedish? (I promise I was already thinking that before I saw Omgirl's comment.) Maybe Swedes wear white pants. I like the sweater but maybe it's a little boxy.

Mrs. Organic said...

Yeah, okay I'm thinking that sweater is hideous and way too much work. Maybe when I'm 70?

radioactive girl said...

That sweater is beautiful! The pants are what is making it not seem so pretty. But it sure does look like a lot of work!