Monday, September 6, 2010

Painting (and that Mom of the Year award thingie)

So it is that time of year again when I am ready to move, but we won't ever move from this house - of that I am certain. So instead, we play musical bedrooms.

We have moved beds and hauled dressers, gone through clothes and thinned out the toys (how do those things multiply? I swear I never buy any). And now, we are painting. Spielberg has this cool, crazy idea to put a skyline up on his wall. The first couple of layers are up and we'll start the buildings tomorrow.

I've painted the primer over the lighthouse in Ty's old room which feels something akin to blasphemy. Next up, turquoise.

Blogger is being funny, so I can't post any pictures. Maybe tomorrow?

6 comments:

Sir Thomas said...

hmmm seems like a lot of work

Omgirl said...

I need to borrow some of your mojo. I have a bunch of rooms I need to paint, but I can't decide what to do with them, or find the energy to do them. What's your secret?

tiburon said...

I get that same itch. And since I never plan to move I need a constructive way to scratch it.

Kimberly said...

Ooo yes! Pictures PLEASE!

Tebbs Family said...

I am energized and inspired by you!!! Looking forward to pictures which I go read my book...

Emma J said...

Wow. You inspire me. I love the skyline idea. And turquoise I think must be this month's zeitgeist - I want to paint walls turqouise too.