Monday, June 21, 2010

This is the trip that never ends, it just goes on and on...


Holy mokes! That drive took forever. The part of the trip that normally takes 6 hours, took almost 9 and the part that takes 4 dragged on to 6.5. Consequently I have had more Diet Dr. Pepper cocktails (and one Monster and one 5 Hour Energy - as long as I'm being honest here) in the past 4 days than I've had in the past 4 years put together. I'm surprised I can type what with all the tremors and heart racing.

So, practically, it was forever in car hours with a four year old. We had planned on being home for Father's Day, but since we rolled into St. George at about 2 AM (thanks, Mr. O for calling ahead and booking a hotel room for us), I just couldn't face getting in the car again the next day. And I noticed that the hotel was running a $30 off special, so we stayed.

And it was nice.

But it's good to be back. So good. (Especially since Mr. O fixed my bike tire and we got a ride in tonight).

P.S. No, I do not have mustache. I mean, not a black one.

P.P.S. Yes, I actually got in the pool with the kids. I know, Mother of the Year right there.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your kids have the tan gene too!

M-Cat said...

I don't think I could have dragged myself away from St George. And brave girl you are for such a road trip. I;m in awe!

andrea said...

Welcome home. Glad you brought warm home with you....I was sick of that weekly return to cold.

What happened to your previous post? The one about your butt?! That I clicked over to comment on? Oh well, I still had it on my google reader.....hee-hee-hee! Wish I looked like that. And you aren't orange. Change the white balance in your camera and that'll fix it. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

When I messed with the white balance it turned me blue-ish. And my husband didn't love having my butt on the internets. So I humored him. He puts up with a lot.

Bubbly said...

That was an awesome trip! Put camping is going to be fun.