Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Anxiety or Promptings

How can you tell the difference? I've been wanting to take the girls to see my sister, but every time I think about this trip I get a knot in my stomach.

In the back of my mind I have a sense of foreboding, but then it's also Aunt Flo's week to visit, so maybe I'm just thinking about 10 hours in a car with 3 very talkative children and psyching myself out?

I'm about ready to reschedule except that I'd love to see my sister and go to the beach. Decisions, decisions.

6 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

Anxiety. That's my vote.
But then again, I think anxiety makes for a good prompting--you know that whole study it out in your mind thing??

M-Cat said...

Follow your gut instinct. Never goes wrong

tawna6988 said...

Well if it helps, this summer I will drive by myself with a 4 year old and a 10 monht old from Provo to Boise round trip. A week later me and my hubby are driving 14 hours from provo to Calgary AB. I hear ya! It will be rough but worth it in the long run! If you want you can wait to see if I come back in one piece before you try it.

Kimberly said...

I haven't figured this one out myself. Doesn't hurt to get specific and ask Him. If I listened to all my anxiety-ish feelings though, I would never do anything (I have issues).

radioactive girl said...

I hate this kind of stuff. I never am sure what the "right" thing to do is. Good luck!

Omgirl said...

In my experience, the knot in your stomach is a sure sign you shouldn't go through with it. If you had any desire to do it at all, you should be happy and excited right? When I get that sinking feeling, I just avoid what I had been thinking of doing.