Saturday, April 17, 2010

In Which we learn that walking is HARD (well, walking AND smiling that is)

I'm sorry to subject you to entries from my closet, but that's just how it is right now. (I will start you off easy by cropping out the head shot). The only thing I like about this dress is the sleeves (which I find useful for stashing my lunch lady arms), but my sisters made me buy it so I'd have a "little black dress." The hemline falls at the least attractive part of my legs, but there you go first "little black dress." Ever.

Sue helped me pick this out and I love it - it's my very first pair of black dress pants. Ever! And I am no spring chicken. Love the splash of color in the top. And the shoes? Love!

Please ignore the fact that I am sporting what Kristina refers to as "grin-stipation" and please to look at the legs - not bad, eh? This skirt hemline falls in just the right place. Also, shoes - Love! again.

This skirt is from my sister's closet (I think I am going to like being able to fit in her cast-offs)

And sorry, but this one just looks best from behind. I aspire to one day have honest-to-goodness ankles. (mental note: straighten jacket next time)

And lastly, another skirt from my sis with two options:
The first is one she suggested

And the second is a sweater I found on clearance. What's your vote - blazer or sweater? I need some shoe suggestions for this skirt. Color? style? How does one smile and also walk? I think I look about ready to pulverize someone with my laser vision in all of these. And clearly my cancer neck is stronger than steel.

19 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have a great closet. And your skirts all fall to my favorite level. I need my skirts and dress to fall just below my knee cap. Higher isn't the best look on me.

I will sometimes even go up a size or two so they are longer.

Heffalump said...

I like the sweater one better.
Maybe if you have someone yelling SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!! while taking your pic you will be successful at walking and smiling at the same time!

b. said...

Ok...SUPER CUTE!
I like the second outfit the best, then first, third then 5th, etc.
But I am no fashionista...

Kimberly said...

Check out the hotness!

Love the second one best for sure.

Elizabeth-W said...

The prob with skirt #3--because I love that length on me--is crossing one's legs. It's hard to cross them without having your special underwear show. Sitting in a pew isn't so bad, but at work all day, sitting across from someone, and not being behind a desk makes me worry I'm constantly giving someone a show.
Sit, cross, and have daughters evaluate from several angles.
#2 is my favorite outfit, too. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

EW - Due to developing spider veins, I'm rapidly becoming an ankle-crosser instead of a leg-crosser - but definitely, the knees have to remain glued together whilst sitting.

Tebbs Family said...

I LOVE the pant ensemble! You're stunning in them all!!! Blaine is a lucky many... I like both the jacket and sweater depending on the activity.

sue-donym said...

Outfit #2 seems to be everyone's favorite. I will pat myself on the back for helping with that one. Uhh hhem.

You are rockin' ALL those outfits. Smokin!

Mrs. Organic said...

sue - I think I need your fashion prowess to help me pick another win. That was so much fun!

Loralee and the gang... said...

black peep-toes, sandals, or pumps would look great with the black skirt, depending on what top you wear with it. That's the beauty with the versatile black skirt, you can wear it with so many different tops, as long as the dressiness factor matches. And both blazer and sweater look cute!

Loralee and the gang... said...

...or, a shoe that goes with the color of the top would work great, too!

myimaginaryblog said...

Count me as another vote for the sweater rather than the blazer. And maybe some spectator pumps?

These are all great!

Tami said...

Wow COUGAR TOWN here SHE COMES! You look HOT. I love all your clothes and you look fantastic in them. I should tape your picture to my fridge, to my forehead and to my mouth to keep it closed so I stop eating crap :)

Really you are inspiring me!!!

Mrs. Organic said...

Tami - It's true, one cannot have her crap and eat it too (I have learned this the hard way and am in the midst of crap food repentance - the learning never stops). Why can't I drink my soda, eat my chocolate and not gain anything? Blerg.

athena said...

love the wardrobe and you look great! you'll make a good runway model!

tiburon said...

you look fantastic! I mean FANTASTIC!!

Everything is lovely!

Kim N said...

You look incredible and I love the outfits! I aspire to have a darling outfit like #2 and look half as amazing in it.

I like both of the tops with the skirt so I am not much help. :) Maybe a bold colored shoe with the sweater?

Omgirl said...

LOVE the red and black outfit, and the brown pinstriped skirt. You look fantastic!!!

Holly said...

What a beauty! :)