Friday, March 5, 2010

Home


We're home. Surgery went well. As did the trip home.

However, bending/sitting and hip incisions do NOT go together. We arrived, transferred Ty to his bed, and went about the business of making him more comfortable when

HOLY Toledo! We noticed that his dressing was completely saturated and still bleeding. After a few calls and some jerry-rigging with gauze and an abdominal binder from a previous surgery things seem to be alright now.

However, I AM armed with the surgeon's personal cell phone number.

What doctor gives you his personal number? That is what you call service. And caring.

Happy weekend!

11 comments:

b. said...

So glad things went well (minus the bleeding). Here's to a weekend of healing!

The Boob Nazi said...

I'm glad it went well. Phew.

Kristina P. said...

He looks peaceful!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Hope he recovers and heals quickly!

Elizabeth-W said...

I haven't seen him in awhile. He's getting older :)
Glad you've got the dr's digits!

Emma J said...

Ty does look grown up in this picture. Wow. Glad to hear the surgery is over and that you've got a good doctor.

Thinking of all of you.

Codi said...

I'm glad it went well! Isn't it so wonderful when the doctor gives you their personal number? Love that!

Tebbs Family said...

Glad things went well! And I think handing out his personal number is the least a surgeon can do when you're literally putting your life into his hands... You appear to handle things so well and professionally, you probably know as much as many of the doctors anyway!

Mrs. Organic said...

Like the surgical nurse put it, "This ain't my first rodeo."

andrea said...

I'm assuming since there is no post script to this, & I've "seen" you around on twitter, that things calmed down and have remained so for the weekend?! :) Glad to hear it.

tiburon said...

So glad things went well. Sorry I am so far behind...

And thanks for adding Ethan's button to your blog. I really appreciate it.