Friday, December 4, 2009

Literally clean enough to eat off

I cleaned like a mad woman today - maybe I was hoping it would bring on Spring? (Or maybe I'm just trying to score extra points with the guy in the red suit.)

Toilets: Sanitized
Mirrors: Streak-free
Shower: De-moldified
Tub: Soak-ready
Kitchen Window: Crystal Clear
Wood Floors: Vacuumed and Steamed
Basement: Picked Up and Awesome (thanks to some amazing helper elves)

Also -
Monster Cookies: Mixed and frozen
Two Christmas gifts: Made

And all today. It felt awesome. Mr. O took the kids, er uh elves to a Volleyball game and I sat down to a delicious plate of leftover spaghetti and meatballs. That is, I tried to sit down and eat, but my pre-arthritic hands failed to hold on to my dish. But seeing as I'd just steamed the floor one hour prior to my butterfingers ~and, let's face it, who can really stand to see a good Italian sausage go uneaten?~ I just scooped it up and put it back on my plate.

It was delicious!

11 comments:

Emma J said...

I need you to walk me through this enthusiastic cleaning thang. A month of tidying the top layer has left my house very sad and shabby.

Shawn said...

Oh my gosh! I NEED you to help me clean---I have been terrible about it----can never seem to get it all done....sigh....

Lucky you----and your house! :)

Tebbs Family said...

I am impressed!!! That is one amazing day (and hopefully you can go another year before the next!!)

Heffalump said...

Wow, you got a lot accomplished! I have a list of things I should be doing, and yet, here I sit!

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give t have my house all clean at the same time. Lucky you. Now you just need people to come over and be like wow she sure keeps a clean house. I always wish someone would stop in when mine is all clean somehow they just manage to come when it is dirty, but I guess they have better odds. KEl

Mrs. Organic said...

I can clean any day - I actually enjoy it. What I can't do is de-clutter because it involves decision making and I am lacking in that department.

Omgirl said...

You are amazing! What are you on, cause I want some!

Nancy Face said...

I rarely get that much cleaning done in a day!

Okay, I lied.

I NEVER get that much cleaning done in a day!

I pick up, and things look neat and organized, but I pretty much ignore the dust bunnies and stuff. And I'll totally eat food that falls on the floor. Even though my floors are NOT so clean! Hey, eating a little dirt can help boost your immune system! :D

myimaginaryblog said...

I *so* relate to the decision-making problem with decluttering. I try to do that kind of job when I am fresh and feeling optimistic (like that things I get rid of are easily replaced if needed) but I'm still grindingly slow.

Actually, I'm not much at plain old cleaning any more, either, although you shoulda seen me in my heyday. Health issues and kids have somewhat taken it out of me.

kado! said...

ha! love it!

...don't you just love your steamer??? I just got one a few weeks back...early Christmas gift...I don't know how I lived with-out it!

Kim N said...

Lol! That is awesome. I can't remember the last time my house was that clean. sigh.