Monday, November 2, 2009

This one is definitely coming down

I don't know what came over me today, maybe I can blame it on Halloween and the coinciding black hole in my closet? Or maybe the full moon?

Whatever the reason, I grabbed this sweater off the rack and squeezed myself into a vanity-sized 4 skirt. It's a horrible angle, but no matter how you look at it, it appears I'm channeling my inner Carol Burnett/Charo. I don't even think you could dry clean the thing with all those feathers .Don't worry honey, it's going right back to the store, I'm over my temporary fashion insanity - mostly.

Next thing you know I'll be sporting fascinators and hats with netting - poor Mr. O.

P.S. Can we not talk about my hand placement? I obviously have no idea how to pose or what to do with them.

18 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

size freaking 4?? I haven't been a size 4 since the 2nd grade.

AWESOME!

Emma J said...

Hats with netting -yes, I think you should. And if I looked as great as you do I'd wear whatever fun thing caught my eye. Do you have to take it back?

Mrs. Organic said...

Mr O hasn't actually seen it on, but the look on my daughter's face (you know the one that says You're not going to wear that to church, are you? sort of sealed the deal for me on the return.

Mrs. Organic said...

Kalli - it's not a true size 4 - I'd be lucky to fit one leg in it if it were.

Kristina P. said...

My wrist can probably fit in a size 4.

M.V. said...

you look amazing.

Tebbs Family said...

Congrats! You've EARNED that size 4!!!

kado! said...

ha! your comment about your what your daughter said is funny!

jill said...

I think you look HOT!!!

susette said...

The outfit is darling!! Why take it back?? you look very good. I think you should keep it for sure.

Mrs. Organic said...

I'm thinking feathers and church don't really mix and I'm not sure where else I could wear something so...fancy.

Omgirl said...

Don't return it; it's wonderful!!! I think it's emotionally healthy to wear something couture-ish and even slightly outlandish once in a while. It makes you feel empowered, like you know fashion way more than all those Old Navy wearing drones.

Anonymous said...

Wow way to go woman. I am going to be getting your hand me downs pretty soon. YOu look great. I always knew you could do it, you are very inspirational. Kel

Nancy Face said...

Girl...you are HOTT! :)

Kimberly said...

Who cares about the feathers - you look fab, dahling!

myimaginaryblog said...

YOu really do look great here, and maybe I'm oblivious but I didn't notice the feathers until you mentioned them. Maybe they're more noticeable in real life. Non-washability's always a dealbreaker for me though.

On the other hand, what with feathers and big flowers being in style as hair accessories right now, maybe fascinators are right around the corner,

andrea said...

I think it looks cute as well. Nothing wrong with having something different every once in a while.

Size 4?! That will never happen to me. Wow. You look great.

tiburon said...

My one leg isn't a size 4. You are amazing!!!