Friday, November 6, 2009

Con-Hair?

I'm away on a girls' trip this weekend. I know I've been indulging my wanderlust ridiculously as of late, but hey you take what you can get WHEN you can get it.

It was a last minute decision and due to heavy traffic we didn't make it to our destination until we'd driven straight through the night, arriving nearly at sunrise. My sister and I kept ourselves awake with tales from our youth (me probably having slightly more tales to tell) and honey roasted almonds.

My lips are mere hints of lips, they are so shrivelled and salted. But we made it and tumbled into bed before seeing the sun come up. Today we did the sisterly thing and went shopping. I purchased a flat iron from a kiosk at the mall (I KNOW!) and narrowly escaped being talked into splurging for hair extensions. They clipped in so easily and VOILA! insta-hair and it was a perfect match to my hair color and everything.

Once it was styled I had hair envy so bad (except that the hardware that attached it to my head made me feel sort of like an armadillo) - I nearly succumbed to the allure of having long, golden tresses.

I felt like a rock star. A rock star armadillo, but still: Long! Golden! Hair! I may even have swished my head back and forth to see the light shimmering off my newly donned locks.

But my sister breathed reason into my ear and the spell was broken. What did she say? Three simple words, Sleep on it.

Poof!

10 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

Ouch! That took me way back to the days of sleep-in pink sponge curlers :)

Anonymous said...

Dang that does sound fun though. I have always wanted long hair. Kel

Loralee and the gang... said...

I once got way-laid in the mall by one of those high-end-straightener-toting girlies! She gave me a demonstration, and while doing so I point-blankly told her I didn't have any money. She acutally asked me "then why are you at the mall?" I told her that I didn't have any money for a STraiGHTENer, (I don't remember my exact words, but I said it Very Politely) and she stopped straightening my hair and sent me on my way...

I just want to show my appreciation for all of the great posts you write!
I have a "One Lovely Blog" award for you over on my blog as a little thank you- just hop by at http://careysgang.blogspot.com/
:~D

myimaginaryblog said...

Your hair looks kinda long and golden to me in your profile pic, but I guess everything could always be more so.

I wonder what temptations I'd find myself susceptible to after driving all night. (I'd guess chocolate, but I don't have to drive all night to want chocolate.)

Mrs. Organic said...

About a month ago, nearly half my hair fell out due to an adjustment in my hormone dose (I'm not even kidding, it was a lot of hair!) I have sort of a halo effect going on with all the baby hairs growing in.

Having someone add (human) hair on that was about 5 inches longer and gave me back my old volume was wonderful, even if the price was outrageous. I made my sisters keep me away from the mall today because I certainly can't be trusted in there.

andrea said...

Sounds fun! (The weekend trip, not the armadillo clips.)

Hope you make it home safely and without anymore mall incidents! ;)

kado! said...

those mall kiosks can be hard to get away from...especially the ones who push kids toys...they always try to lure the kids in! ;)

Mrs. Organic said...

In 10 more lbs I just might do it. Hey, giving up the crap has saved us some money and cost me my hair. It's only fair.

tiburon said...

Why are there no photos?!

Mrs. Organic said...

Seriously, what kind of blogger forgets to take a pic of something so fun?