Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just Peachy

A lot of things happen hypothetically around here. For instance, while we were out of town one of our children may have slipped out front on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy nature.

And that child may have just wandered a bit, and perhaps drifted a block or so north. Said child may also have met up with friends, one of whom may have had the idea to go "peaching."

This is where I explain to you that "peaching" (hypothetically) entails grabbing peaches off the tree and pitching them (hypothetically) at houses or in the street. And also where said child, thinks in his/her head that it's probably not a good idea but also fears embarrassment at being a bit of a goodie-goodie.

The friends may target the bishop's house perhaps even using the bishop's own peaches. Did I mention that perhaps we were out of town? Meanwhile, my aunt may likely be frantically trying to locate said child who seems to have disappeared off the earth.

When the bishop possibly discovers their hypothetical misdemeanor, said child wishes he/she had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Seriously? Now? Can I go back to church in a different neighborhood?

P.S. Don't worry, had this actually happened said child would have felt horribly for his/her actions and written a profuse apology promising to stand up for right in the future. Had I been there, we would've cleaned up the hypothetical mess together while reviewing the merits of being a goodie-goodie.

P.P.S. Haven't we all, at one time or another, (hypothetically) really wanted to go peaching?

13 comments:

b. said...

(Hypothetically)I may or may not have done something similar to that...only we called it Cherrying or Dirtclodding.
(hypothetically, of course)

Heffalump said...

Ah well, it's hypothetically good to have some memories of learning experiences from our youth.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

{{{giggling}}} So glad this bishops' wife lives so far out of town there's no possible way for anyone to sneak up on us and do the same thing. =)

Loralee and the gang... said...

yes....there may or may not have been a time when I may or may not have been at a best friend's 16th birthday party, and all of us may or may not have snuck out and TP'd AND Polka-Dotted the bishop's house, and my mom may or may not have driven by the next morning, noticed it, and known IMMEDIATELY that it was our handiwork? And that now, it may or may not be Karma that I may or may not now be the Bishop's wife. Who'da ever thought THAT would happen? Not me. . . .
:~D

Kristina P. said...

Oh no! My kids never do that.

Nancy Face said...

When I was a teenager cruising down Main Street, I thought it might be fun to throw soda bottles at people as they hung out at the side of the road! Foolish! :D

Elizabeth-W said...

Hypothetically, it could make for an easy way into conversations when you start going back to Sunday meetings.

"Oh! You're the sweet sister with the delinquent!!"

"Why yes. Yes, I am. So glad to be back in RS with ya'll......"

Pamela said...

Corrie ~ it was nice meeting and chatting with you today. I check out your foodie posts and I am not hungry. Thanks! My twitter is @artshopeutah I hope to see more of you!

angela michelle said...

oh good heavens!
Isn't it great the way kids just smooth the way and open doors? :)

Anonymous said...

Funny got to love being a kid

Emma J said...

Hypothetically, this would be a very funny story - if it had really happned - to tell for years to come!

andrea said...

It's a good thing that children are smarter than that...hypothetically.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I stretched condoms over our Bishop's windshield wipers.