Saturday, August 1, 2009

Crap! It's Saturday now and still no quilt pictures to speak of

All I can say is sorry, but I have been madly dashing around borrowing clothes and scouring the clearance racks at ROSS and Kohl's for something to wear to my 20 year high school reunion. I still have no idea what I'll be wearing. It supremely sucketh being between sizes. Supremely.

In all this running around, my mom saw a cute little black and silver dress. With a grin, she mentioned that Mr. O might like it on me. And I told her that with it being a size XS he might not think of me as sexy so much as a silver-sequined sausage. Dress FAIL.

This week I squoze (or is it squeezed?) myself into a size 10 for the first time in as many years. And even though it was tricky to coordinate breathing and sitting and stuff, it was awesome. I nearly cried, I'm sure it's something to do with the hormones, but still. Awesome. I promise to quit talking about the whole weight loss deal soon. Pinky swear.

I have this secret (well not so secret anymore, I guess) wish to be able to slip inside my wedding dress on our 20th anniversary. The only problem is that I was a size 3 when I wore it and I have had 5 babies pass through my pelvis since then. I'm telling you, it doesn't matter how much weight I lose, it's just not going to fit the same. Unless you know, I leave one leg out and only pretend to do up the zipper, which just isn't the effect I had in mind. So I've been thinking, it might be just as sweet to repurpose it and sew a nighty from the yardage. Anyone done this sort of thing before?

Last night I met up with girlfriends from my old neighborhood as a precursor to our Reunion Dinner tonight. I loved hearing about their families and catching up on all the latest high school gossip (of which there is aplenty), but mostly I just really enjoyed being in their company and laughing more than I have in ages. Thanks ladies for a funtabulous evening! I'll be stealing a photo from Deann's Facebook once it's up.

10 comments:

c-dub said...

that's ok. it;s already saturday and u didm' think of a million submissions for your "rename the blog contest" even though i really REALLY want one of your quilts. but hold on a sec...i thought of at least one.

c-dub said...

there. i posted mt entry. what it lacks in the heretofore intended quantity, i believe it compensates in quality. i hope anyway. do i get extra points for having typed all of my comments with just mt left hand?

myimaginaryblog said...

Say hi to people for me tonight--I'm going to Dean's Granger High reunion. (I know there's an OHS picnic midday today and I might try to drag my family there, but it's been a crazy week and we're all pretty worn out, so we might not make it.)

Want to tell me what to wear to Dean's reunion? (At least nobody there knew me in high school.) Is it worth wearing the cute black heels that torture my feet?

I've long known I'll never make it back into my wedding dress because I was the smallest I've ever been when I got married--but even so a tiny glimmer of vain hope keeps me from cutting it into something else. (That, and kinda hoping one of my daughters might like to wear it.) I've known of people cutting down wedding dresses for blessing gowns or baptism dresses for their daughters, but a negligee is a new concept for me.

myimaginaryblog said...

Oh, and I want to hear all the gossip. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

c-dub - absolutely! how did you break it?

mib - I was going to sew it into a blessing dress with Ellie, but with the cancer news I sort of forgot. I don't think I can bring myself to ever cut into it. And the gossip! Very juicy. Come to the picnic and I'll fill you in. Only I won't be bringing my youngest as she broke out in the pox for the third time.

Kristina P. said...

I think I was a size 3 when I was 5 years-old.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

My wedding dress is patterned after my great-grandmother's who got married in 1909. On the day I got married I told my grandmother I planned on wearing it for my 50th wedding anniversary just like my great-grandmother did. We have pictures of both her wedding day and her 50th anniversary. I asked her how she was able to fit into it after all those years. My grandmother replied, "Oh, she just didn't do up the buttons in the back. It was wide open!" I laughed so hard I cried. I think I can do the same thing! =)

b. said...

It sounds so fun to reunite with your HS friends...what did you end up wearing?

Yes, repurpose your wedding dress, make a nighty out of it, wad it up and through it on the floor...my guess is that the resulting events will be the same.

What?

Elizabeth-W said...

I can fit into my wedding dress--but I got married at 27, not 17.
But! The bust is all wrong. Back then, my chest was high and proud. Now, it's all saggy and about 4 inches lower. :(

Mrs. Organic said...

b - Seriously!

EW - I hear you on the effects of gravity and I'm jealous you can still fit in your gown, regardless.

Choc - I may have to use that strategy.