Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Birthday and Dave's Carrot Cake


Carrot Cake is sort of Mr. O's and my theme cake. In fact, he had one with him when he proposed to me. So I made one for his birthday today. Happy Birthday, honey!

We prefer it (the cake) without the nuts.

Dave's Carrot Cake
Beat:
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 1/4 c. oil (I used 1/2 c. applesauce, 3/4 oil)

Add and Mix:
2 c. sifted flour 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. soda

Add:
1 tsp vanilla
3 c. grated carrots
1 c. chopped walnuts

Grease and flour pans (I also line the bottom with wax paper). Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
Cool in pans for 15 minutes and then cool on racks.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cube softened butter 1 pkg. powdered sugar
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 2 tsp. vanilla

Beat until well mixed. Frost when cake has completely cooled. Have you submitted your idea yet? There might be a stack of beach reads or even a new quilt in your future, so please help a girl out.