Monday, May 4, 2009

Where I Live In My Head...

I don't know why, but this house has always called to me. I'm not really even that much of a yellow person, but this house (and the big tree just out of frame to the left) are absolutely beautiful in late spring. I want to sit on that bench and read under that tree or water the casacading geraniums she plants in the flower boxes every year. There are a barn and outbuildings to the back of the house and somehow, even though this house looks like it's been here for a hundred years, no one ever got around to pouring a driveway.

I will drive out of my way just to look at this place, I think the color lifts my spirits, like a glass of ice-cold lemonade on a hot summer afternoon. Where do you live ...in your head?

I'm recycling a few posts this week while I get a handle on the garden. Thanks for reading!