Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How's About a Reunion?

I am going to let you in on a little secret - if you would like to meet someone (who of course looks stunning even on their worst day) whom you have not seen in ages (that means since you have had children enter your life), you need only to do the following:

1. First, sleep restlessly (the more tossing and turning the better, it makes for better hair)
2. Second, arise later than normal due to #1
3. Leaving no time for a quick shower
4. Or makeup
5. Just a deodorant touch up, phew!
6. Hair in pony tail
7. Workout clothes on, maybe even the ones you wore to bed
8. Brush teeth? No way! You want this rendezvous to happen don't you?
9. Have matching child in tow (with runny nose, the boogerier the better)
10. Possibly spill some breakfast on yourself
11. Go somewhere public
12. Forget the diaper bag and need it - really, really bad
13. Now, you or the child should do something embarrassing (pick one: nose, bum, or toes - just an idea)

Voila! You are ready for your reunion. No need to thank me, that's what I'm here for.

Still Recycling.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure you looked awesome!

andrea said...

It's so true. I've been known to turn corners at the store into an aisle I don't even need to be in to avoid such "reunions". As much fun as it would be to catch up, I will hide to avoid it. :)

myimaginaryblog said...

LOL! Sososo true. And I've made a few of the cowardly escapes Andrea described.

When you say you're recycling, you mean you're re-posting things from your archives? Looks like you've got some great material in there.

Tebbs Family said...

I am laughing my head off! We have a family reunion that John is in charge of in July and I'm sure I'll pull a couple of those off...(or he will!)

Elizabeth-W said...

Still funny this time around!

Loralee and the gang... said...

What you just listed - all my worst mightmares, if someone were to surprise me at my door!
:~D

Shawn said...

So funny---thanks for sharing this---I didn't get to see it the first time around! Heh, heh.

JENNIFRO said...

Oh my gosh! This was hilariously clever....well done!!