Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Doors - Just Beachy

David McMahon of Authorblog captures some great shots - some of my favorites are those in his The Doors Series
Red
Blue
India

I've always had a thing for doors. There used to be an awesome double door on a home nearby, but the local hospital had it demolished so they could expand. I've always regretted not getting my hands on them during the salvage - they would've made a perfect table or headboard. I hope to see another set like them someday, and you can be sure I will at least snap a pic if I don't drag them home with me.

Here are some door shots I took while on vacation. The first, I snapped because of the interesting trees framing the entrance.

The second was too cool to pass up - a stained glass gate? Only in California.

And this one I loved for the lines.

11 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Those are great pictures! I love pretty doors, too...especially when they're painted in happy colors! :)

Kristina P. said...

I have always wanted to have a cute little brick house, with a bright red door.

david mcmahon said...

Literally came here five seconds after I saw your comment!

These are great doors - exactly what would have attracted my attention too. The framing of the first one through the trees is wonderful.

Thanks for the great shout-out too.

I hope you find a door (or more) to post each week!

jacjewelry said...

What great doors - I especially love the last one - how asymmetrically fun!

Emma J said...

I love your doors.

Doors and windows, babies and flowers - my photo albums - when I kept photo albums - are full of those.

Shawn said...

I like old doors and colored doors---so fresh and inviting!

jinksy said...

Fanastic selection of doors there - so glad I came to visit, thanks to authorblog!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Wonderful shots! I love these! Congrats on POTD!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Beautiful photos! Congrats on the POTD Award from Authorblog!

Kirti said...

Doors are very symbolic...a great subject for pics! Congrats on POTD...

Carolynn said...

I love doors too. And gates and interesting windows with shutters. Maybe because they feel like portals to adventure and mystery.

Congratulations on your POTD nod over at Authorblog.

Carolynn
Fellow Runner-Up