Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another slew of sunny, sandy places

This was one of the kids' favorite things to do. I love how a hill of sand can provide endless entertainment. They are great for launching off of.

They are great for rolling down.

Even though she's a handful, I could eat her up.

Especially when she smiles.

The kids had such fun at the tide pools, we went back.

Ellie was terrified and spent most of the time on the stairs - posing.

Lucky shot.

This is one of the reasons they wanted to go back - so many nooks and crannies to explore (so many opportunites for stranding, yikes).

Ready-made seating

So much slime (beautiful, isn't it?)

Lots of things to scramble on

I loved this house (the tree, really - looks right out of a Dr. Seuss book)

Buh-bye beautiful beach

Thanks much to my sister and brother in law for letting us camp out at their house (we are happy to say it is still standing and not flooded, burned or burgled).

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I sort of hate you right now. In that completely jealous way.

Terri said...

What a great place to spent a few of those childhood moments! Glad they let you parents spend it with them! Great pictures and good dialogue. Glad you are safely home.

Loralee and the gang... said...

What a trip! Would love to know where that beach is...is it magnificient!
:~D

andrea said...

That looks so fun, and that beach is beautiful...next time we are headed down Cali way I'm finding out where that is! :)

Mrs. Organic said...

We went to the tide pools at La Jolla and Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. Both were great (no restrooms at La Jolla, not that you would USE a beach bathroom, but its nice to have options)

Tirzah said...

These are awesome pictures! I love the rocks!

Shawn said...

I am really jealous right now!!!

I get to paint my theatre on my spring break....

Such beautiful pictures!

Mrs. Organic said...

Thank you - I'd like to blow up a couple of the beach pics and hang them in my room. My Serenity Now pics, if you will.

athena said...

yes, it's about time you went home. LOL. i love these images. you captured a nice assortment of images from your vacation.

The Family G said...

I didn't know they had such beautiful beaches in CA. We went to long beach for a day before we went to Disney. Wonderful to dig in the sand and play chicken with the waves, but not much to look at. I know where we'll go next time!