Thursday, March 26, 2009

Freudian slips (from people who aren't old enough to have them)

Ellie: Mom, I wanna watch Spongebob SPAREpants.

****
Me: Do you know who sings this song?

Child: No, but you better change it. It sounds E-licked.

Me: ???Whuh???

Child (looking at me like I am the world's biggest moron): You know, like it says on Itunes when there's bad words.

Me: Oh. You mean EXPLICIT?

****
Child: Why are my teeth this color?

Me: I'm afraid it's in your genes.

A couple minutes later, seemingly out of the blue -

Child: So if I stop wearing jeans and go back to shorts, they'll whiten up?

Me: I'm sorry, what are we talking about?

Child: My teeth, you said they're this way because of my jeans.

Me: Ohhhhhh. (realization finally dawning)

Right. So then we had a discussion about DNA and genes.