Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Putting the AB in abstract


Spielberg has recently been inspired to start painting after viewing abstract art. Here are his first four:








I like them all, please tell him what you think.

Last night I took Nicole to her first Hip Hop class. They are learning a dance to this song .


Oh yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, let it rain, and clear it out... air raid siren, ad infinitum. Oh joy! I will be listening to this song over and over until their performance in May. The two girls are in different classes but learning the same routine, so it should be interesting. It's worlds apart from the ballroom dance they're used to.

On top of all this excitement, everyone stinkin' (and I do mean that literally) one of us, excepting Spielberg, has fallen prey to the mung going around. Michelle is starting in on pneumonia, but we're kicking it with a Zpac. For now, we all feel as if we're deep water diving (oy, the pressure). My eyeballs are being pinched by a invisible vise grip, or maybe skewered like grape tomatoes for the grill.

And speaking of food? Eating just sounds like so much work, not to mention showering. Pass the OJ, please.

So in light of that, here's a little entertainment (and perspective). Hat tip to Jer (who I don't have a link for).

4 comments:

The Lazy Organizer said...

That song is horrible!!! Maybe it's good for kids who can only think in one syllable or less though.

That video is hilarious! Man our lives are so hard.

And please do not have what we have. It's been a week and I am still not out of bed for more than a few minutes at a time. Unless I'm sleeping in front of the fireplace of course.

Mrs. Organic said...

My favorite - "but the seat doesn't go back very.."

I hope your house and mine are feeling better in no time (although that's a problem with 7 of us - it has to make it through everybody. Talk about torture).

Shawn said...

Heh, heh---saw that video on another site---Loved it!!


Hate rap music...HATE it!

Kim N said...

I thought I had already commented on this, but I guess not. I was very impressed with your son! He is so talented I especially like the painting with the squares, circles, and orange splatter. Tell him to keep it up!