Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stuff and nonsense

There is just one problem with Ty going back to school. It means I now have to get a life, and I'm not really sure how to go about it. I mean the concept is interesting and all, but where to start?

I suppose I no longer have an excuse for not completing the various quilting and knitting projects I've managed to gather, nor is there anything preventing me from actually learning to make soap or cheese, or cook amazing full course meals, or gasp! catch up on the laundry - except, that is, for my own lack of motivation.

I also do not have an excuse to put off playing "puppy" with Ellie, the third person narrator. "Puppy wants a grink. Now puppy is going to lay on her bed (a pillow on the floor) and Hailey Big Johnson is going to read her a story. Then puppy's sister is going to build her a treehouse, a really speshul treehouse and she is going to live in it and puppy's sister will make her a snack of candy. Okay, please?"

11 comments:

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

You could always write a book. You get excused from doing all sorts of things--including laundry :)

Mrs. Organic said...

Only if it's a good one. ;)

Mrs. Organic said...

How about you ghost write for me?

myimaginaryblog said...

I think when my turn to have a life comes, I might panic. I vote for a three-year window (at least) to just lie in bed and recover from the previous life.

Mrs. Organic said...

That sounds absolutely divine!

Elizabeth-W said...

Your version of slow is my version of manic. :)

The Family G said...

A three years to lay in bed sounds pretty awful right now. I've been sitting in Ellie's hospital room for four days now and I'm starting to go crazy. Maybe being all by yourself is different, however. Ever read "Gift from the Sea?"

Kellan said...

It can be fun and interesting started a new phase in our lives, but it can be difficult too. I wish you luck finding your place and I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

Kellan

Mrs. Organic said...

Fam G - I have Gift from the Sea on my bookshelf right now - I really liked it. Can I bring you any boredom busters?

The Family G said...

Thanks Mrs. O. We are still here, but have hopes of going home tomorrow. I finally got enough sleep to be able to be productive while Ellie was napping, so I wasn't bored today. Do you get a lot of quilting done when Ty is in the hospital? Isn't PCMC an amazing place? I'm tearing up all the time over the sweet and thoughtful things they do for the kids.

Mrs. Organic said...

I'm so glad you might be coming home soon. I have tried taking handwork to the hospital, but it seems Ty needs me as soon as I get going. Lately, I've been taking a good book to read and the laptop to surf the nets.