Monday, December 22, 2008

You be the puppy and I'll be the mommy

There is nothing quite like playing pretend with a three year-old. I am always relegated to play the part of Hailey "Big" Johnson and she is usually Hailey "Regular" Johnson. Or else she is Hailey Puppy. Occasionally I'm Hailey "Big" Puppy.

Today was a little different she said, I am the mommy and you are the sister. Now listen, I am going to spank your bum.

To which I replied, Excuse me? That's not what mommies do.

But I am mad, so I think I will spank your bum, she told me.

I told her, I don't spank your bum. That's not very nice.

To which she had a ready answer. She said, Yes you do, and then held up 2 fingers to signify how often she can recall being spanked.

No, I don't spank you. Not even when you decided to do Ty's spin-art all by yourself yesterday and got paint all over the carpet and bedspread in his room. (I didn't mention that I may have briefly considered it, though).

She came up, put her two little hands on each side of my face, and pulling me close to her she said, I sorry I 'stroyed the carpet in Ty's room, Hailey Big Johnson. I sorry I didn't ask for painting. I won't do it again. Next time I will just paint on the wall. Okay?

6 comments:

myimaginaryblog said...

Oh, my word. What a doll. A naughty, sweet little doll.

I guess I got off easy just having to be Ord (from Dragon Tales) to Rose's Max.

b. said...

She is a hoot!

Why is it they remember the ONE time you spanked 'em....and will never remember the hundreds of times you didn't when they totally deserved it?!

That's funny...I'll bet she keeps you hoppin'!

Mrs. Organic said...

mib - I wish you could've heard her voice. I purposely have not let her see Dragon Tales or Sesame Street because she might make be Hailey Big Grouch.

b - I know! She is my elixir of youth. This was her first really mischievous deed.

Heffalump said...

Wow. It's so hard to be mad at them when they are so cute isn't it?

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Isn't it funny how fast they learn to be so cute when they know they've done something wrong.

Anonymous said...

Too Cute. KEl