Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Pox on Our House

Seriously! I think I need a drink. Or rather, if I did drink, right now would be a good time for something really super-duper strong and not just because of the election results. It turns out that my eldest daughter, who has been immunized for varicella, has the Chicken Pox.

I'm sorry, what was the point of that shot again?

Because my youngest daughter was too young to get it before now, the doctor's office told me to rush her in this afternoon for an immunization and hopefully she won't come down with it too.

Only, when I got home and looked her over, I discovered that it's too late already.

I think I need my own shot right about now.

8 comments:

Heffalump said...

I'm not sure what the point of that vaccine is either. All of our kids have had it because its required here, but I wonder if they will end up with the chicken pox when they are older or something...Have fun with the itching!

b. said...

ohhhhhhhhhh....I'm so sorry...

Wanna hit O'Malleys for some liquor after work? ;)

compulsive writer said...

I'm so sorry. That really stinks!

Elizabeth-W said...

O Malley's is still around??!
I will say that I had chicky pops when I was 16 and it was bad. My sister had them the same time, at 10 and she looked as if she had small pox. It was horrible. She has some pretty nasty scars.
I think the point of the vaccine is to lessen the severity of the case??

I can't vote until I know what child (age) got hit. Spielberg--he can report. Younger girls...maybe they need an advocate. Either way, if it were me, I'd probably have the child report and then follow up myself.

Anonymous said...

Before I did anything I'd find out what part my child played in the incident and then take the appropriate action from there. There are usually two sides to every story.

Mrs. Organic said...

Hypothetically, of course, so would I.

Tirzah said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry! My doc said that one dose of that shot brings the odds of not getting it to 80%, a second dose is supposed to be closer to 97% chance of not getting it.

Kim N said...

I am so sorry! I have heard that if they get it and have had the immunization they won't get it as bad as if they hadn't had it. You will have to let us know how bad it gets. Hang in there!