Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pavlov's Pee


Remember last week when I told you that Pavlov had nothing on me? Well, it's true. I'm not sure how many of you can use this, but we just finished potty-training here. And while I still wake my daughter up for middle of the night bladder emptyings, I've found a way to make it faster and painless.

When she first started going on the potty, I'd blow a little air at her face (like I was trying to blow her bangs out of her eyes) when I heard her peeing. She doesn't need me there in order to pee, but in the middle of the night when she's really tired or when we're out in public and she's got potty stage fright, I can just blow a little puff of air right at her bangs and voila! instant pee. She can't help it, she just starts going. She doesn't even have to wake up, it's automatic.

Isn't this one of the strangest, yet most practical tips you've heard? Stop by Rocks in my Dryer for more tips

10 comments:

Kate said...

Ok, I'll agree with you - strange but practical! I wish I had thought of a little trick like that with my 3 year old. I'll have to remember that when we start potty-training the next one.

Elizabeth-W said...

I would tickle 5 year old's back--just superlightly run my fingers up her back. She'd get the pee shiver.

Jeni said...

That's a funny tip! I'll have to remember that.

Alisha said...

at this point, i'd try about anything, no matter how funny. bell is determined to stay in her diapers 'till college :)

Biesinger Fam said...

That's a great idea, I never thought of that. However you better watch out on windy days. :)

Tirzah said...

That's really cool! I just wish I could get mine to go in the first place!

Kenna said...

I think i will have to try this one.

Anonymous said...

That is just funny. I might have to give it a try with james. KEl

Kim N said...

Great idea! I will have to get this a try when we start potty training again at our house.

Mrs. Organic said...

biesinger fam - touche!