Monday, September 1, 2008

Talk about Solatube


Yes, we used to live in the Bat Cave, but now it's like a whole new place. We've decided that since we'll probably never move, it's time to change all those "little things" that bug us. Numero uno on that list was the lack of light. I wish I had some before pictures.

This is looking up into the hallway tube before they put the cover on it, I haven't seen many things brighter than this.

This is the installer pushing the family room tube into place. What you can't see is that he has on an awesome pair of sunglasses. It took us more than a few days to stop feeling like we left a light on somewhere. The light from it feels very natural in the room, unless you look up at the fixture and then it reminds you a little of a fluorescent light. Would we do it again? In a heartbeat!

We've lived here for 8 years and I still have no idea what to do with that wall - any suggestions? Drop by the Lazy Organizer's place to see what everyone's Talking About and see her cute bathroom.

10 comments:

PinkDaisyGirl said...

I've never heard of a Solatube, but it sure does look like it adds a lot of light. And who needs the before pictures...they just would have been too dark to see anyway, right?

The Lazy Organizer said...

Very cool! What a big difference it makes! Trust me, I can picture it. I wanted to put one of those in my laundry room and one in my panty but my husband wouldn't even discuss it. He thought they would leak so let me know if you have any problems with them.

Mrs. Organic said...

No leakage problems so far and we had a really good test two days ago.

Anonymous said...

wow, that is cool. I would love to hav esome of those around my house. Is it expensive? Kel

Mrs. Organic said...

Um, you could say that. But like I said, we aren't moving so it was worth it.

HDMac said...

I LOVE Solartubes and I hope to install some at our home in the near future, also!

Thank you for sharing!

mom_of2boys said...

I think the Solatubes are great! I love to have some installed.

Thanks for sharing! Have a great week.

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

I have the same problem with our hallway...we have discussed a window at the end, or those solar tubes...it's a difficult choice...I hate turning on the light to see when it's perfectly light outside...besides, the dog is black and I can't see him laying at the top of the stairs...ugh.

Mom2my9 said...

Hey Mrs. Organic! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the light! When a room is too dark it's depressing. Hope to see you again soon!

JENNIFRO said...

You're a great photographer--why don't you turn part (or all) of it into a gallery photo wall. That would look cool. You can find lots of neat examples on line on how to set them up.